Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Came back…need answers

lockx

so i came back to see hoe eclipse was doing and seeing some things have changed i have some questions:

1- are ECLIPSE ORIGINS and WORLDS ope source now???

2- supposing i want to make a mmorpg how many players can both engines handle?? does the amount depend on the hosting server??

1\. Yup both are open source now.
2\. Eclipse Origins, depends on what version you are using. Eclipse Worlds can handle up to 100\. Also yes your hosting will also affect how many players it can fit.

If you want to get caught up to date with the site then I suggest reading through the News section.

@'Colonello':

> 1\. Yup both are open source now.
> 2\. Eclipse Origins, depends on what version you are using. Eclipse Worlds can handle up to 100\. Also yes your hosting will also affect how many players it can fit.
>
> If you want to get caught up to date with the site then I suggest reading through the News section.

tks a lot…just one more thing.on the second question i was refering to eclipse origins 4.3.4 which i suppose is the latest version......and..is it possible that the server hosting elevates the number to 500 - 1000..( i know....pretty much unrealistic...but)

I wouldn't see that happening unless you took an axe to the server code and rewrote the majority of it to be optimal or even in another language that can deal with threading. But to be fair, I highly doubt most games that come from here will ever reach that number unless a metric ton of effort has been put in, and by then you'd already know the limits of your work and engine.