Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GUI Request (Distance Online)

DovahTech

As most of you know I have recently requested a logo for my project Distance Online. I feel a bit guilty yet again resorting to a request board. Although it's what forums are about I feel as if I should be pulling my own weight around here. Anyhow here it goes.

I'm requesting a GUI for my project Distance Online

![](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/Adam_Parrington/DistanceOnline-1.png)

I would like to keep the same style (of course) and colouring scheme. One personal request is to have cogs on each of the GUI buttons if possible. Also if possible (again) A custom cog icon for each  option such as log in and exit. A cog style icon with ticks and images e.g. Thanks to anybody who can reply I'm very much looking forward to see yet again what great work the Eclipse Community donate. I am requesting this free of charge so if you think it's too much bother for it to be free don't worry about it. Thanks

Mmm yes, Forgot to mention. Quite a few times I've attempted GUI's with a large amount of fail included. I'm not the best with any graphics work so I was wandering if somebody could lend me a hand. I'm still working on my graphics skills for the time being. Another thing is: I understand creative comments and all. But please, If you aren't interested in helping or pointing out a few things I could improve on the post/ect I would rather you don't comment simply to politely insult me.

I just feel if your making a game your should atleast be able to make the Logo and GUI yourself, or have someone in your team who can do it..

Its poor if such important aspects of the game were donated to a if so called serious project by random members of a game development community.

All of above are true although I am currently still developing my graphics skills in the meantime I requested some help on these forums. They will most likely be changed when I gain the skills from experience to make a suitable replacement myself. As I have stated above if it's too much bother I don't mind I am simply looking for a nice GUI to use while I'm still learning. I apologise if this has raised any concern about the quality of my project or reflected badly on myself. Thanks for the comment.

You should just use the default gui till you make one yourself why waste someones time if your not even planning on using it? I am horriblex2 at making graphics and I was able to make a pretty good gui on my own. If I can do it anyone can do it =)

@Wyz Your entirely missing the point. I have requested this as a project anybody could do for me if they have the spare time and if they don't think of it as too much of a bother. I will make one myself. But the fact I'm not very good at graphics and don't currently have the time to learn a good simple gui would be great to help me out for a couple of months. As I've said before. I accept creative comments as much as the next person. But if your just here to flame. Goodbye.

@Justn

That is what I was planning on doing. But I feel as if it may take to long for me to make my own gui so it would be nice if I could show something other than the basic gui Eclipse O comes with. Thanks for the comment.

I just dont understand why you seem so worried about logos , trailer videos and gui's when it seems by looking at your WIP you have done nothing to your engine or any work on the game itself besides a story that wasn't that good until fixed by someone else? correct me if I'm wrong but I'm just asking not tryin to flame u

i sent you a pm hope it helps  :P

It was not a flame. The fact is, is that if youre just going to redo it later, then don't even worry about it right now. The GUI should be the last thing to worry about. First get the game mechanics down, maps, quests, etc.. Then you can worry about the GUI.

I agree with wyz's last post. The interface is not important in the making of a game, you can finish it last. Im also wondering what you are developing in this game.. Sofar it seems youve gotten alot of things done for you and you have showed none own progress anyhow. What have you done beside the game topic sofar?