Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC Respawn Problem (Using Edited PVO)

Whackeddie99

Alright, after killing a NPC it doesn't respawn unless I do a map respawn, even with the respawn time at 1 or 0\. So I found out that the error is somewhere in the edited PVO server I'm using, but I don't know where. I've dont a lot of edits and tutorials on here to and I think the glitch may be located in UpdateGameLogic, so maybe Miguu or somebody else using PVO or who is smart can help me fix this problem?

It is really a problem and it needs to be fixed. Can anyone help!?

1\. Download a fresh copy of PVO (just hear me out on this one).
2\. Download WinMerge.
3\. Compare your current modGameLogic (client-sided) file with the fresh one.

See where there might be a conflict in terms of allowing a refresh of the map. Maybe the NPC has respawnt, but the map won't update the newly spawned NPC. You did say that it was fixed by respawning the map, didn't you?

To test to see if it is just a client-sided lack of updating, setup a temporary command to enter in the chatbox that requests the current existence of every NPC on the map you're on (can check anything, really; e.g. X&Y loc, tally of all NPCs currently alive). If the server returns something that is greater than what your client shows, then that means your client isn't updating, otherwise, it is a server thing (it's probably just the client not updating on its own, though).

@MrMiguu:

> 1\. Download a fresh copy of PVO (just hear me out on this one).
> 2\. Download WinMerge.
> 3\. Compare your current modGameLogic (client-sided) file with the fresh one.
>
> See where there might be a conflict in terms of allowing a refresh of the map. Maybe the NPC has respawnt, but the map won't update the newly spawned NPC. You did say that it was fixed by respawning the map, didn't you?
>
> To test to see if it is just a client-sided lack of updating, setup a temporary command to enter in the chatbox that requests the current existence of every NPC on the map you're on (can check anything, really; e.g. X&Y loc, tally of all NPCs currently alive). If the server returns something that is greater than what your client shows, then that means your client isn't updating, otherwise, it is a server thing (it's probably just the client not updating on its own, though).

Okay, so after following those step by step instructions I finally found an error with a missing Next server side >< It was causing it to skip the NPC respawn code.

And God Almighty thank you Miguu for that program WinMerge it helped me so much. I honestly couldn't tell you how much I love you, man. No homo xD Can't wait for you to release updates for PVO!!!

@Whack:

> Okay, so after following those step by step instructions I finally found an error with a missing Next server side >< It was causing it to skip the NPC respawn code.
>
> And God Almighty thank you Miguu for that program WinMerge it helped me so much. I honestly couldn't tell you how much I love you, man. No homo xD Can't wait for you to release updates for PVO!!!

I'm glad everything worked out for you as planned! :D
(It usually doesn't.)

You should always run your servers/clients in debug mode first after making a source edit, just to make sure that you didn't screw anything up (don't worry, we all do).