Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Java Libraries

Sekaru

@'YourBestNightmare':

> Yep, something like Blueprints. Also, when it is in Java, rewriting interface in Swing to support desktop shouldn't be that big problem. Because as others said, developing games on tablets is great, but that you cannot also work on them on your PC is a big limitation.

Swing? Is this 2008?

@'Sekaru':

> @'YourBestNightmare':
>
> > Yep, something like Blueprints. Also, when it is in Java, rewriting interface in Swing to support desktop shouldn't be that big problem. Because as others said, developing games on tablets is great, but that you cannot also work on them on your PC is a big limitation.
>
> Swing? Is this 2008?

Said guy who is using Slick. Swing is great.

@'YourBestNightmare':

> @'Sekaru':
>
> > @'YourBestNightmare':
> >
> > > Yep, something like Blueprints. Also, when it is in Java, rewriting interface in Swing to support desktop shouldn't be that big problem. Because as others said, developing games on tablets is great, but that you cannot also work on them on your PC is a big limitation.
> >
> > Swing? Is this 2008?
>
> Said guy who is using Slick. Swing is great.

I've made games that people play. Slick is a nice framework which I haven't found a good alternative for. Swing is a clunky outdated interface framework that you should never cross your mind when making video games.

@'Sekaru':

> @'YourBestNightmare':
>
> > @'Sekaru':
> >
> > > @'YourBestNightmare':
> > >
> > > > Yep, something like Blueprints. Also, when it is in Java, rewriting interface in Swing to support desktop shouldn't be that big problem. Because as others said, developing games on tablets is great, but that you cannot also work on them on your PC is a big limitation.
> > >
> > > Swing? Is this 2008?
> >
> > Said guy who is using Slick. Swing is great.
>
> I've made games that people play. Slick is a nice framework which I haven't found a good alternative for. Swing is a clunky outdated interface framework that you should never cross your mind when making video games.

Slick is outdated also. I prefer Swing because of same reason that you prefer Slick. Swing is super easy to use and I personally do not like so!e parts of JavaFX. And I was not telling him to use Swing for in-game GUI, but for the editor GUI on desktop. And for that you do not found good alternative, what about LibGDX. It have a bit more complicated API than Slick, but it is also faster and have more features (and also supports Android and iOS, what is really nice bonus).

LibGDX is cool but it doesn't have anything that I want that I couldn't add myself. If you think the fact that it supports two platforms that are slowly destroying the industry is a worthwhile feature then you need to re-evaluate.

@'Sekaru':

> LibGDX is cool but it doesn't have anything that I want that I couldn't add myself. If you think the fact that it supports two platforms that are slowly destroying the industry is a worthwhile feature then you need to re-evaluate.

Maybe they are destroying the industry, but even most bullshit game can make you a lot of money there, because iOS and Android are full of kids who plays bullshit games and what are "borrowing" their parent´s credit card just to buy another bullshit game.