Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some Modified Idea's

_Her0

So I've decided to create an MORPG with Eclipse (finally) and I had a few idea's that I want your comments on. I play 2d isometric game called Helbreath, it's a great game, and basically, it has a few thing's I'd like to adopt,

_Limited weapon and armor sets(armor includes shields), armors from monsters with the following stats (random %):_

Mana Regeneration (Increases your mana regens when worn)
Health Regeneration (Increase your health regens when worn)
Damage Absorption(Decreases damage taken when worn)
Magic Absorption(Decreases damage taken by magic when worn)
Resistance(Increases your chance to dodge or "resist" magic or physical hits when worn)
Experience (Increases experience gained when worn)

Weapons also drop from monsters with the following stats:

Poison (Has a poison % and does damage over time to both players and monsters)
Ancient (Increased damage)
Light (Requires less Strength points to use)
Agile (Swings faster)

And then has an additional stat(random %):

Critical Chance (Increases your chance to hit for a Critical hit, dealing more damage)
Hitting Probability (Increases your chance to hit)
Experience (Increases experience gained)

_A total change in the spell and class/stat system:_

Instead of having a target, and the spell hitting or not, I'd have it so that you would have to click the square in order to hit them with the magic. Of course, some spells (almost all) will hit more than 1 square. Some spells will need to be clicked directly on the square the player is on to hit them with the spell, something like a poison or something of that sort. Classes will be eliminated, you get 3 stat points per level that can be put into:

Strength: Certain items need a required amount of STR, STR also increases damage done with physical attacks
Charisma: Increases your hitting chance and defense (against and with physical attacks)
Stamina: Increases your health, health regen and defense (against physical attacks)
Intellect: Certain items need a required amount of INT, INT is only needed to buy and use spells. I.E Fire Ball of Doom will require 100 INT, (only an example..) where as Teleport would require 10 so that a warrior wouldn't have to spend as many points for a spell that they would need. This is the big difference between a Warrior and a Mage.
Magic: Increases your mana regen and damage done with magic.

_Hunger:_
Players will be given a spell (both "Warriors" and "Mages") that will be called Conjure Food, this will create food for them and they will need to eat, if they don't they will not regen health or mana, or be able to use health or mana potions.

_Health and mana potions:_
Will be sold in the town shop, you can use a potion at any time, up to as many as you can carry in your bag.

_Death penalty:_
When players are above a certain level (currently undecided) and they are killed by a player or a monster, they will drop a random item that they are either wearing or is in your bag, unless, they are carrying a Givers Stone, which will be dropped instead of an item.

These are some (modified) idea's stolen from the (dying) game, [Helbreath](http://www.helbreathusa.com).

@Captain:

> Then you're a tunnel. It makes the game challenging in a sense and more realistic.

Aren't we playing games to escape the real world?
I mean, we don't wanna play games with things we do in real life, thats why shooters and such are so populair.

I think hunger system is done well when it's based around character health and regeneration. So like you can't naturally regenerate health or mana or whatever unless you stay well-fed. Either that or make it so there is no natural regeneration, and put either a cooldown or other such control mechanism on instant-heal "potions", and make food Heal-over-Time type of items.

The hunger system won't be as bad as you think, it'll take about 2-3 hours of playing to make you character starving, to the point where there is NO regeneration of health and mana. There'd be 3 different hunger status's,

You are hungry. (45 minutes to 1 hour of playing)
You are very hungry. (1 and a half hours of playing to about 2 hours)
You are starving. (2 and a half hours of playing to about 3 hours)

That'd be it, roughly, xD. What do you guys think of my other idea's by any chance? (I'm looking to create a rather simple yet addicting game.)

@Anna:

> I think hunger system is done well when it's based around character health and regeneration. So like you can't naturally regenerate health or mana or whatever unless you stay well-fed. Either that or make it so there is no natural regeneration, and put either a cooldown or other such control mechanism on instant-heal "potions", and make food Heal-over-Time type of items.

Eh, I kind of liked HnH's hunger over Minecraft's. It all depends of how you implement it though.

Yeah how does Minecraft's work?

Haven & Hearth, Hunger gets drained as soft health and stamina regenerates. Once hunger is drops below certain thresholds the ability to regenerate slows down or stops. I've never been at starvation levels myself but understand that it gradually damages hard health over a _long_ period of time which can result in hearthling death (although usually thorns, animal attacks, or other such minor damages will kill you first if things are so bad that you're starving).

@Her0â„¢:

> How does Haven and Hearths hunger system work? Like-wise, how does Minecrafts work?

HnH had a very complex system revolving around food bonuses and stats. Basically, eating strength-enhancing foods like bear would boost your strength stats, and likewise with all the other stats. The stats associated with food were different from the stats you'd spend learning points on (ugh… it's getting complicated).

Anyways, since food boosted your stats you sometimes WANTED to go hungry so that you could increase your strength. The hunger bar would run down slowly, but would run down faster if you performed strenuous activities. If it reached 0, it would slowly drain your health. This system is extremely complex... just like everything else in HnH (*cough*cough*combat*cough*)

Minecraft's system is a lot more basic. You have a hunger bar that, when full, will boost health and, when empty, will make you lose health rapidly. Just like HnH's system, the most strenuous activities you perform the faster it will drain your hunger.