Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great software but no compile support?

Bonesplitter

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so please don't smack me too hard. I've spent hours researching a way to get my hands on VB6 so I can compile eclipse when needed. I don't have a problem paying for it but it's just not available anywhere. So how can a great game maker like this still be distributed when it's unusable to new people without the compiler? I mean unusable by not being able to modify or expand on it.

Any sources of VB6 that I may have missed? I'd hate to pass this up because of it.

We can't smack you, this is the Internet.

As for your small 'problem', it's against the rules for any member on this forum to mention where to get it or give a link towards the location. There are many ways to obtain VB6, you probably haven't been looking wide enough. Don't even bother checking Google or Youtube.

If you can, try and torrent it. And as why it's not available for purchase, it probably is somewhere but Microsoft officially stopped supporting VB6 so if you want to buy it you'll probably end up at Ebay or so.

Also I think it's not necessary for the people who made EO to include a way for you to modify EO. It's just like you buy software at a store, you can't expect the store to also grant you a computer where you can install it on. It's expected you have it and if you don't, get it or just live happily with some software you can't install.

Understand.

It's just I've never been into the "aquiring" of software thats unavailable before. And I've never used a Torrent. Wouldn't know how to start and I've been working with computers since the late 70's when they came out. Yes, I'm an old fart. lol. Anyway, I've always bought my software all these years. I'll check with our IT department. Maybe they have an old registered Enterprise edition collecting dust somewhere.

Thanks for the advise and I'll keep looking for it.