Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My begginner's question(s)…

Gepeto

Good day.

I hope, this topic will not be annoying and you'll help me. I'm begginner, so, I have many questions. If you will have time for me, I'll in future use this topic for my Questions to not make many unnecessary other topics.

So I start with first question: I'm editing my game client using VB6\. There is text "This is example of your news…" and next words. What about it? I think that instead it will appear text from news.txt file. If yes, why is here that deafult text "This is example..."? Is it only for users of VB6? Because default text from news.txt is "Welcome in..." and some other, I don't remember it.

But my main question is: If I edit news.txt files and also edit this text using VB6, what will appear? What will be for computer more important to show?

And, when I want to have greater text of news, but there is limitation, how to expand it? In VB6 is for this text some attributes, but I don't know which of it edit. Maybe it's "Top" attribute, but there is also "LinkTimeout" attribute. So, which of it?

@Gepeto:

> Good day.

Good day to you too.

@Gepeto:

> But my main question is: If I edit news.txt files and also edit this text using VB6, what will appear? What will be for computer more important to show?

How about you try it? One of the main tenets of asking questions is to try it yourself first, and then ask if you can't find an answer. To answer your question, news.txt takes precedence over whatever is written there. If it didn't, you'd see "This is an example…" all the time. Always try to see if you can figure it out yourself before asking a question.

@Gepeto:

> And, when I want to have greater text of news, but there is limitation, how to expand it? In VB6 is for this text some attributes, but I don't know which of it edit. Maybe it's "Top" attribute, but there is also "LinkTimeout" attribute. So, which of it?

Well you could mean one of two things here. You could mean that you want to change the height of the label so it can hold more text because it is longer. In this case, change the Height property of the label.

But you could also mean that you want to add a scrollbar to the text. There's no direct way to do that, so you could change the text to a textbox and set the readonly property. Beware if you do this you will need to edit some code.

Okay, I have problem… I find module modGeneral but the code:

' music in map properties
    frmEditor_MapProperties.lstMusic.Clear
    frmEditor_MapProperties.lstMusic.AddItem "None."
    strLoad = Dir(App.Path & MUSIC_PATH & "*.mid")
    Do While strLoad > vbNullString
      frmEditor_MapProperties.lstMusic.AddItem strLoad
      strLoad = Dir
    Loop

Isn't that... what to do?