Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Runtime error 9?

nilly70

after my game froze I tried to reopen my server but all I got was runtime error 9,script out of range.how do I fix it?
Is it broken because I added a lot of icons animations and items?

looking forward to answers.
thank you for reading!

nilly :cheesy:

@nilly70:

> but Ive had this account for almost a year now.
> does this mean I'll loose a lot?

Oh god don't listen to him. Just ignore him. His post is confounded and worthless.

While the server is loading it will say what it is loading (like "Loading Maps" or "Loading Items"). Tell us what it is loading when it errors out.

So it is erroring on the loading maps. Have you added anything to the maps like from a source tutorial lately? If so it is looking for a setting that is not there. If that is the case you will have to convert the maps to hold the new information. If they are just all test maps I'd suggest delete them all and just recreate them. If you can't delete them, remove any new additions to the map system and see if it works again.

the only thing I think I added was a resource tile and everything froze :(
sadly I dont have any test maps.
and Im not sure how to get in to change it if I cant get the server up.
did that one little tile mess it up for good ? if so then that SUCKS lol :(

Resource tiles are a little… strange. They mess up servers if they're not done correctly (you have to click "OK" before you place them, or something, I have the issue documented somewhere.) It could be the tile, it might not be. I have a hunch it will be.

You could do one of two things:

* If you don't mind losing the map you were working on, you can just delete the appropriate file (make a backup in case you get the wrong one) and the server will generate a new one for you.
* I have been working on an experimental program (which is somewhat similar to this). I could attempt to modify it to fix the issue. (Solution is further outlined below.)

If you do decide to let me attempt to fix your file, please send it via Private Message.

I could modify my program to fix the issue for you. If you do choose this method, find out what map your player was on when he was logged out and/or what map you placed the tile on. [Send me the map file to me via private message](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/) (you will have to zip it up). I'll do my best to try and fix it, although I cannot promise anything.

okay :) since I dont want to loose my map lol
i'll see what I can do!
oh and I kind of tried to put my server through a firewall to get online .
Do you think the program cot up with me and it didnt like it?
sorry funny way to put it 

I might be on tomorrow