Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Replaying Resident Evil (PS Directors Edition)

DrNova

I forgot how awesome this game was XD
When I first fired it up, the graphics immediatley made me go *ick*, but after turning out the lights it was hella easy to get immersed again.

I have forgotten most of this game, so its all brand new basically. I've so far explored most all of three out of 4 wings of the mansion.  Besides a giant snake I cant kill, a room I need a helmet key I havent found for, the room with the keypad, and the "locked from the inside" rooms, I've done it all besides the right bottom wing. 

Anyone else have fond memories of this one?

XD The controls are sloppy, especially with how many small hallways and rooms there are. And the cutscenes are made bad with the horrible voice acting and uneccesary/unrealistic dialouge, but thats part of the charm lol.

It still does a good job of setting the mood, and playing at night with the light out its easy to get sucked into the game for me anyways. I just went through the garden/guardhouse area and got the last key I need to finish off the mansion.  Now fighting those god damned jumping lizard men things (which thankfully I dont recall in later resident evils)  They really are a pain in my ass, especially with that one two combo they pull on you when they leap.  I'm already getting stoked to play Resident Evil 2 again, is a big drive to finish this one, thankfully I'm enjoying this one quite a bit.