Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Installing on a Dedicated Server.

doinkinator

Hello everyone. Im new to the eclipse community. We have primarily focused on browser based games and recently decided to give eclipse a try. I love the setup and have made great progress already but im concerned about uploading to a host. What are the requirements. I do not wish to host on a personal pc. I have many dedicated hosting packages for other projects and wish to do the same for this. I currently have a 12 core CPU, 8GB of Ram on a linux setup. Would this suffice? If not, what server should i purchase to run this game. Also, if there is a method to setting it up on a purchased dedicated server i would appreciate a quick tutorial if possible. Thanks :)

Alright, that stinks :/ being that i have about 3k in monthly servers lol. But if i go purchase a windows server is it just as simple as it is on the pc? Do i need to do all the port forwarding stuff? And to start the server is it still as simple as opening the .exe file.

No, Growlith, you're wrong.

You can run the server on a GNU/Linux. Use Wine. The server needs basically nothing to run. With the specs you've stated, that's /waaaaaaaaaaay/ more than needed. I'd say 256mb RAM with a celeron processor would run fine.

Also, yes you do need to portforward. After that it's just clicking on the EXE. However using Wine on GNU/Linux would work fine.