Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Combat System Version 1.0 **DO NOT COPY:: PROPERTY OF NINJA TECH/ANDREW**

Techno 5.0

Combat System Version 1.0

Intro:
So im designing the combat system for my game and im having some troubles developing proper realism in the system and making the players think twice before just charging into any situation.

I want to stress before i dive into this session of my Combat System Version 1.0 that everything seen here is property of my own invention and nothing here has been copied, edited, altered or transformed into what you are reading today.

If you have the need to take information or mechanics from this system please inform me before doing so and we can work out a deal.

Setting:
Lets remember that the setting of the game is in a Post-Apocalyptic so weapons such as Guns or Clubs or Knives and survival weapons to be made with other materials that can be found through out their journey but that isn't necessarily important to know.

Realism:
Guns fire either single bullets or multiple bullets. Each of these bullets hits the body at different points of time and therefore the damage should be dealt per X number of bullets. While these bullets may hit the armor someone wears, it is more likely that these bullets will not get through the armor (unless armor piercing modifications) like a melee weapon would. Say for example you stab someone with a knife: the armor will take half of the damage while you take the other half because in a sense the knife is in you. this rule applies to all melee weapons for simplicity.

Mechanics:
The following below are the base mechanics needed to understand to play correctly.

Health:
Your Health is a total of 10 and can be no higher. There will be instances where your health can be lower than 10 where in cases you can be sick or diseased and it may place a -1 to -3 modifier on your health.

Defense:
Your defense is the focused fluctuating number of combat. Your defense total can be +20 or higher and it is what damage has to go through to get to your health. There are strict rules that apply to defense and they are the following.
o Melee weapons negate the Defense rule by dividing their total damage by 2 rounded down. the rounded down number goes straight to the health. If your damage is 10 the armor takes 5 off and 5 goes straight to the health 10 - 5 = 5 health left.

Dodging:
In order to dodge and evade attacks you and the attacker must both roll a 1d10 and add your speed score. If the defending player rolls a higher score than the attacker then he or she successfully dodges the attack. But if the defending player rolls a lower score then he or she has been successfully hit.

Mechanics being worked on:
-Body life totals
-movement
-abilities *powers*

Now what you have been waiting for… Simulated Combat

Ben will fight Steve and the winner will fight John and then the winner will fight the boss Jackal

Name  Health  Armor  Weapon
Ben    10      15        .45 Pistol xd6
Steve  10      10        .45 Pistol xd6

Ben shoots at Steve: Steve rolls a 18 and Ben rolls a 12: Miss!
Steve shoots at Ben: Ben rolls a 10 and Steve rolls a 20: Hit!
>Steve shoots 3 bullets: 3d6 {3,2,5} total of 10 damage: Doesn't negate armor

Ben    10      14        .45 Pistol xd6
Steve  10      10        .45 Pistol xd6

Ben shoots at Steve: Steve rolls a 12 and Ben rolls a 10: Hit!
>Ben shoots 4 bullets: 4d6 {3,4,6} total of 13 damage: Negates armor! Steve loses 3 life!

Ben    10      14        .45 Pistol xd6
Steve  7        9        .45 Pistol xd6

Steve shoots at Ben: Ben rolls a 11 and Steve rolls a 9: Miss!
Ben shoots at Steve: Steve rolls a 15 and Ben rolls a 12: Miss!
Steve shoots at Ben: Ben rolls a 10 and Steve rolls a 11: Hit!
>Steve shoots 4 bullets: 4d6 {3,6,6,5} total of 20 damage: Negates armor! Ben loses 6 life!

Ben    4        13        .45 Pistol xd6
Steve  7        9        .45 Pistol xd6

Ben shoots at Steve: Steve rolls a 3 and Ben rolls a 1: Miss!
>Steve reloads
Steve shoots at Ben: Ben rolls a 1 and Steve rolls a 20: Hit!
>Steve shoots 3 bullets: 3d6 {6,6,5} total of 17 damage: Negates armor! Ben loses 4 life!
Ben has been killed

I will have to finish this later but this is generally how it works. I will cover Melee weaponry and big weaponry and how armor works and EVERYTHING. stay tuned. if you need a system for your game i can design one for you.