Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quest editor

Janito

Why do people always switch engine on whoever have the most featured engine that will be the one they'll use :/ , I'm not getting surprised by all the games that are being posted on this site, there's no uniqueness (not that i'm the one who talk with when i just started on this site)

Anyway, I'd suggest to follow this step
1\. Pick a Engine that you definitely wanted to use
2\. Set your graphics and resource
3\. Put a goal on your game, like what kind of game it is, and what feature it has
4\. If there's a missing system/feature on your engine that was listed on your goal, then get a programmer to do it or do it yourself
5\. Don't randomly switch engine when you already started developing just because that engine is better than your current one

Note: Games aren't based on how many features it have, Games is something that we create to make users enjoy their time

Sherwin the only reason why they go for the most feature rich engine is because they lack programming experience and would rather compile it once and set up the game without needing to change a ton of crap. My honest opinion is the more features the more buggy the engine will be. This also goes along with how hard it to to navigate and or learn from the said engine due to it having so many features.

My advice is to learn how to program first of all, then take the necessary steps to find a team to do the things you do not want or have time to do like pixeling.
Then go about working on your game from something with very few features like the old mirage source. This way you build your game around the way you want it to be like and to easily make it more unique.
If you have a ton of games with the same features etc then you end up with RPG Maker games which rarely anyone plays because they are all the same.
Big time feature rich projects should be stripped down and each part made into tutorials that the user can add and in the process allow them to learn to program. Those of which who do not want to learn should either decide to learn or be thrown under the bus unless they are willing to pay others to help them. Other wise you are not learning anything this way and you end up getting a crap amount of crap users who you have to fight with and heavily support. Especially those who do not want to learn and want you to do it all for them.

This is just my opinion though.