Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Small Team Recruitment Thread

BeNjO

Division Of Life

Recruitment Thread

I am currently looking for a talented selection of game creation enthusiasts to help create the world of Division Of Life. I currently handle everything alone and after adding and completing some stuff in the codes i believe it is time to gather a skilled team to bring the game to life.

The game uses CS:DE as a base and has been upgraded and tweaked slowly to enable us to create a diverse game engine. The name Division Of Life has been around since Elysium, Pingu helped me with a custom version of Elysium and i have kept the name through the many years as its unique and explains that it really is the division of life.

We currently have these features in the game:

* Boss and Boss Slain System; when any boss is slain a world announcement is displayed.
* True Aggro; Not the tutorial that is on here (its certainly worth a look though!)
* Guilds; Manage your guild with ranks, permissions, color, and much more!
* Player to Player Trading; No more dropping items on the floor. Includes Total worth.
* Player Binds; Players can bind there souls to city's.
* Claim System; Mobs and events in-game can hand out voucher's to be redeemed via in-game menu.
* Buffs/HoTs/DoTs/Shields/Immune; Spells can help in many ways so always keep potions to hand.
* Resources; Cut down trees and leave nothing but a stump.
* Quests; Slay, Gather, Talk, Reach, Give, Kill Player, Train Get With Ingame Quest Log.
* Blood; See blood splatter on the floor with every hit.
* Doors and Switches; Make puzzles and hide doors to make things more interesting.
* True Convo System; Speak and interact with NPC's your replys decide the story line.
* Paperdoll; So you found a epic sword, but noone can see it? Show it off to everyone you meet.
* Linear Spells; No target is needed just cast in range and inflict damage!

* Pet System; Summon Pets to aid you in battle. Personal bank at your side or maybe someone just to keep you company? You decide!

Positions:
Programmer; **-Filled-**
Music; **-Filled-**
Mappers;  **-Filled-** -OPEN- -OPEN-
Website; -OPEN-
GUI Artist; -OPEN-
Writer; -OPEN-

Currently we are looking for 2 mappers, a story writer and a gui artist. If any profits (advertisements and donations) come our way they will be split between the team fairly or used to pay for a domain name/hosting.

Must Haves:

* You must show previous work (screen shots or other image formats that shows your work)
* Msn Messenger as a way to communicate
To apply Follow this format via PM or reply here. If you have any questions PM me or post here aswell.

The Application format should be similar to (if not the same) as:

@Application:

> Name:
> Age:
> Location:
> Experience:
> Why you think you should be hired:
> Amount of time available per week:
> Additional Information:
> Examples of Past Work:
> Position:

You must be able to hit any targets and although i understand people do have there own lives and making game(s) is not the number one thing in life, work must be seen or you may be dropped from the team.

Not sure if you need a music guy but if so count me in

Name: I'd rather not reveal my name
Experience: been making various types of music for 2+ years
Why you think you should be hired: even if any money does come from the game I want none and provided I am kept constantly up to date with progress and what I need to do ect I will put focus and enthusiasm into my work
Amount of time available per week: until the 10th of September I am available almost24/7 and will notify any exceptions
Additional Information:Also I have soon quite a bit of mapping in my time as well as web development and spriting so if you need anything else I will be happy to try to help to the best of my abilities
Examples of Past Work: [my music](http://)
Position:music/sound effects/mapper/web design/anything else I can help with

Sadly I do not have msn do you have steam? If not, I will get msn
I hope I can help I really like the sound of what you've done so far
Also sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors I'm typing this on iPhone and it's late

• 2 weeks later...
Name: Danny Green
Experience: Done 4 years in IT education with Subsidiary Diploma in Web Development and Design.
Made a few projects with friends for fun.
Why you think you should be hired: Can get things done quick, have good experience with websites and know forum software from the back of my hand.
Amount of time available per week: Can work when I'm not at work basically. I only work around 11-20 hours a week. So when I'm not doing that I can be helping out with this project.
Additional Information: I can also help out with GUI Artist if needed, I'm not the best artist but I can help out where needed. Will also help out with story and quests if you wanted and I would like to learn all the mapping and programming stuff aswell.
Examples of Past Work: I have only had one client that I done work for free. If you email me [email protected] I can send you screenshots and stuff on there as it will be easier.
Position: Web Developer (Can help out with other stuff too)

I would consider writing for y'all, but without an idea of how the world looks or what has been created and what y'all are aiming for I wont be able to do much.

I don't like writing a story with nothing to base it off of, give me a basic concrete world to work with and I could take it off for y'all.

Feel free to contact me and then I'll put up an application here.

• 4 weeks later...
Still looking for members for a team; Would prefer to get a story and in-game database finished first so anyone wanting a long term project that is not going to be scrapped half way through drop me a PM.

Name: Blake
Experience: Studied various tutorials online for about 2 and a half years
Why you think you should be hired: I have an expansive mind full of rpg related ideas as well as the skills to make it happen.
Amount of time available per week: 15+ hours
Additional Information: I get along with anyone as long as they aren't stuck up.
Examples of Past Work:[http://www.g4g.it/g4g2/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Epic_Rpg_01.jpg](http://www.g4g.it/g4g2/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Epic_Rpg_01.jpg)
[http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv8VTWX3JGVxzpRRtymzey-VnwZw8GyEZhnx4H9-p70_DZ1IuIR8hf1IJn](http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv8VTWX3JGVxzpRRtymzey-VnwZw8GyEZhnx4H9-p70_DZ1IuIR8hf1IJn)
Position: Mapper (if not then Writer)

Edit: Can also be In-game Dev