Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hiding/Showing other player's paperdolls

Whackeddie99

Okay, so I wanted to make it so your players paperdolls are invisible at one point, and they are invisible for all others players too. So I made some packets and built a little off of this tutorial:

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,75842.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,75842.0.html)

but then I realized…wouldn't it make all paperdoll's invisible, and only for you? So how would I go about making your paperdolls only invisible for you and every other player? Do i need a new Boolean in playerrec, like ShowPaperdolls? How would i put it in BltPaperdoll so that it doesn't show your paperdolls? If somebody helps me with this i will love them!

What you need to do is that when a player is going to be shown on screen make a check. If it has the showpaperdolls desactivated then do not blt the proper graphics. You have to do this with other players rather than just with yourself. Check the dd7 for when the client is drawing other players.

@Alatar:

> What you need to do is that when a player is going to be shown on screen make a check. If it has the showpaperdolls desactivated then do not blt the proper graphics. You have to do this with other players rather than just with yourself. Check the dd7 for when the client is drawing other players.

I don't want all paperdolls invisible, just mine. So all players do not see MY paperdoll.

@gooby:

> Then it would only hide my paperdoll for ME. What about the other players?

Think about it. If you make such a check in the way that the client display YOUR paperdoll, it will hide it for everyone using that client.