Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Run-time Error '9'

Celph

Okay so I followed the tutorial for adding proficiencies and I added Mining. Now I can't use /edititem at all, it crashes the game with Runtime Error 9.

This is the line that is highlighted when I run in VB.
```
CopyMemory ByVal VarPtr(Item(n)), ByVal VarPtr(ItemData(0)), ItemSize
```
When I hover over ItemSize it says "ItemSize = 708" I'm not sure what's causing it to say 708, I've been trying to fix this for hours and I'm starting to go insane.

I'm not really sure what other information is required to help fix so just let me know and I'll post that as well. Thanks.

@Soul:

> You have to delete all your items.

Okay so I tried deleting the items in the /edititem command menu and that didn't work because the server still crashed when I hit save. Next, I took a clean 'items' folder and replaced it, however that did not solve the problem, the same error persists.

@Celph:

> Okay so I tried deleting the items in the /edititem command menu and that didn't work because the server still crashed when I hit save. Next, I took a clean 'items' folder and replaced it, however that did not solve the problem, the same error persists.

Just go to the server folder and remove all the items. Then restart the server.

If that doesn't work, can you post your ItemRec for the server and your ItemRec for the client?

Simply because it can get that far it is not a problem with his item files. It is a problem with the differences in the ItemRecs. Post your Itemrec types for both you client and server as soul as suggested and we can then determine the difference and the issue at hand.