Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dragon Eclipse 2.0

Draco.exe

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so i'm using the DX7 version of the engine and all works good so far exept that you forgot to translate some parts to english but thats not the problem.So the problem is everytime i try to run the client using vb6 i get this error:

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ea082a566642c8394b7bd8512162b1f4.png)

in version 2.0 i didn't used moveable gui, i used a resolution changer (the tutorial of GodWar)…the older version i used one of the two which are in the source tutorial index, but idk whick one: www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,75901.0.html

in dx8 version if i summon a pet, they only appear after i warp to another map..

edit: my bad i didnt realize the pet spawned in a random location.. is there any way to make the pet spawn adjacent to the player?

also while i was playing around i noticed when you add npc's in map properties, they dont show up in the list first time.. you have to add them twice before they show up

anyway, i like the engine so far nice job

nawh just click twice like opening a program that solves is :/ not really a problem but indeed the pet summons on a random location and that can make some problems since the pet can be summoned in a part that isn't shown in the game

@Murdoc:

> in dx8 version if i summon a pet, they only appear after i warp to another map..
>
> edit: my bad i didnt realize the pet spawned in a random location.. is there any way to make the pet spawn adjacent to the player?
>
> also while i was playing around i noticed when you add npc's in map properties, they dont show up in the list first time.. you have to add them twice before they show up
>
> anyway, i like the engine so far nice job

i'll look the pet thing if i found something to spawn it next to the player.

about the NPCs in map properties, that little bug is because you can add multiple NPCs with just a few clicks.
Based on this tutorial: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,78696.0.html

>! ![](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=78696.0;attach=20519;image)

I found some bugs with the withdraw/deposit currency in the bank and the walkthrough npcs in safe zones.
->for the first bug (currency bug), you can wait untill i upload the new version with the fix or you can add that fix with this topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,81828.0.html

->for the second bug (walkthrough players), you can wait untill i upload the new version with the fix or you can add the code by yourself:

>! Client side: modGamelogic
>! replace all of this:
```
    If Map.Moral = MAP_MORAL_SAFE Then Exit Function

' Check to see if a player is already on that tile
    For i = 1 To Player_HighIndex
        If IsPlaying(i) And GetPlayerMap(i) = GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) Then
            If GetPlayerX(i) = x Then
                If GetPlayerY(i) = y Then
                    CheckDirection = True
                    Exit Function
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next i
>!     ' Check to see if a npc is already on that tile
    For i = 1 To Npc_HighIndex
        If MapNpc(i).num > 0 Then
            If MapNpc(i).x = x Then
                If MapNpc(i).y = y Then
                    CheckDirection = True
                    Exit Function
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next
>! ```
with this one:
>! ```
    ' Check to see if a npc is already on that tile
    For I = 1 To Npc_HighIndex
        If MapNpc(I).Num > 0 Then
            If MapNpc(I).X = X Then
                If MapNpc(I).y = y Then
                    CheckDirection = True
                    Exit Function
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next

If Map.Moral = MAP_MORAL_SAFE Then Exit Function

' Check to see if a player is already on that tile
    For I = 1 To Player_HighIndex
        If IsPlaying(I) And GetPlayerMap(I) = GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) Then
            If GetPlayerX(I) = X Then
                If GetPlayerY(I) = y Then
                    CheckDirection = True
                    Exit Function
                End If
            End If
        End If
    Next I
```

Thanks for gettingback to me on that - Now i just need to figure out how to get stuff into 'take items at end' 'give items at start' and 'item rewards'? its all blank accept the one factory default that was there (Accidently deleted it :'( ) thanks for reading. =]

If i set a text bubble from an event and leave the zone - i zone fine, if i utilize text bubble (ctrl to make it show up) after placing it then leaving zone it crashes with an 'unrecoverable dx8 error'. thanks for reading and all feedback.  :bstar:

Note: sorry about double post, see my last post too.  :embarrassed:

is there a way to remove shadows under characters? mine are 32x32 and it looks like theyre flying lol.. either that or a way to have them directly under my sprites instead..

edit: nvm again lol.. i just made a blank .png for the shadow to "remove" it