Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 3.0] GUI Request (will pay)

Synergy

Hi there,

I'm looking for someone to create a complete new GUI for jcsnider's Nightly release (DX8 support) engine.
I'm looking for something along the lines of the CS:DE GUI; minimalist, transparent, etc.
I want the actual game screen to be the main feature, whereas in the EO default, the screen is just so small.

I'd also be interested if someone could program an automatic resolution 'setter'; so it will set the highest resolution for the computer it's being run on.
A quick note about this: I don't just want the screen increased, so it becomes pixelated. I'm not sure how to describe it properly, but I'm sure you clever people can work it out.

As the title says, I'm willing to pay anyone for the services; PM me or post here with examples or work and what you can/cannot do and we'll negotiate.

Thanks,
Synergy

PS. This is not first-come-first-serve, it's whoever I think can do the job best.
EDIT: I'm willing to pay up to about $20 or so. But we'll negotiate depending on what you can produce and the quality of it.

It's only been a day, give it a few more, and I'm sure some one is bound to show up. I'd also suggest putting the maximum amount of money you'd be willing to pay for the best GUI that you deemed fit, may motivate some people.

@Her0â„¢:

> It's only been a day, give it a few more, and I'm sure some one is bound to show up. I'd also suggest putting the maximum amount of money you'd be willing to pay for the best GUI that you deemed fit, may motivate some people.

Yeah, good point. For some reason I thought I posted this a couple of days ago. I just didn't check the date post. :)

Just a heads up for you Synergy, the amount of work that is involved in converting the current gui system that uses the form objects as references to something that works entirely through graphically drawing the objects to the play screen is immense. It would literally take the bare minimum a week of 9-5 work to do a proper job, or a port from cystalshire would take at least a few days of hard work.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that anyone who has the ability to do this most likely wont, In all honestly. Well at least for such a limited budget.

@zerohero:

> Just a heads up for you Synergy, the amount of work that is involved in converting the current gui system that uses the form objects as references to something that works entirely through graphically drawing the objects to the play screen is immense. It would literally take the bare minimum a week of 9-5 work to do a proper job, or a port from cystalshire would take at least a few days of hard work.
>
> I guess what I'm trying to say here is that anyone who has the ability to do this most likely wont, In all honestly. Well at least for such a limited budget.

Hm.. I figured as much; would there be a way to do it in a similar fashion? That is, not exactly like CS:DE but a way that achieves a similar effect.. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean.
Thanks for the reply. :)

In my own personal opinion the most effective and time-efficient way to do a reasonable job would be a direct port from cystalshire. Literally anyone can copy, paste and adapt the brilliant work robin did into the new 3.0 engine. The only things that would need changing are a few variable and function names as well as the textures would need bringing in.

The thing that makes it time consuming is that is a big re-write, currently the objects are drawn to form objects which are static, you know where they are and what they look like. When converting to this new type of dynamically drawn user interface every single piece of text, image or button must be drawn and then programmed to react to user mouse and keyboard input. Its a tedious process, I suspect that is the exact reason why it in not in the nightly eclipse build, users would struggle modifying it and it uses far more resources than standard form elements.

Hope this helps out my friend.