Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Transparency in GUI/Screen-Size

Ganjika

![](http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l632/EsoGuildPB/windowsmall.jpg)

Was searching around forums/google and am stumped on how I can get some (or any) level of transparency into this screen (pictured above) on top of changing the size of the window as a whole? I would like the black box that says "main menu" to be transparent so one can see the background to a degree, On a similar but different note : I'm also confused on to how to change the game screen size - I heard some talk about making the game fullscreen but I would be happy just knowing how to change the screen size itself so I can figure out what looks best.  Thanks for reading, I really appreciate all the interaction and support I have thus far received from this community!  :bstar:

Well, for changing screen size, try to use this tutorial: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,63604.0.html , as for other things, Idk now, and I am too tired to think, sorry.

If the part that says "main menu" is an image then you set the transparency using photoshop, or some other program that supports alpha channels.

As for the full screen issue…It really just depends if its the DX8 or DX7 eclipse.  But theres tutorials for both I believe.

I looked at the tutorial above and it says "Go to frmMainGame and search picScreen_MouseDown.. and put this code:" but I don't have a frmmaingame, I downloaded Eclipse Origins File version 1.3.0.0 and product version 1.0.3\. Downloaded it a few days ago from this site so its pretty recent. The tutorial seems alittle old and I believe its one of the ones i saw earlier when googling.

@Ganjika:

> I looked at the tutorial above and it says "Go to frmMainGame and search picScreen_MouseDown.. and put this code:" but I don't have a frmmaingame, I downloaded Eclipse Origins File version 1.3.0.0 and product version 1.0.3\. Downloaded it a few days ago from this site so its pretty recent. The tutorial seems alittle old and I believe its one of the ones i saw earlier when googling.

Got to have a EO 3.0 (Nightly) or CS:DE.  Then use a program with alpha channels lol.  Should have said you need at least an engine with DX8.