Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sprite Sheet Problems

Jay RH

Apparently I'm having some trouble trying to get my sprites up and working. Alright, so I downloaded a few sheets, converted into bitmap images, and then put them into the file. So I open my game, look at sprites, and the sprite shows a large rectangle over more than around eight sprites. I don't know if it's too big or needs some type of edit, can anyone help me out? Eh if you apparently need a picture of it, I don't know how to take a screenshot but I know how to attach files. I don't really know how to make the rectangle smaller. I were using Pokemon sheets and all, as a test I put in a Grovyle sprite sheet but that's probably fail because the sheets I had weren't like the human sprites in the game. Let's say sprite 17\. The ninja boy. He has a good rectangle over him and he walks and shows his legs swaying. But my sprites are all frozen and one time with a Bulbasaur family sheet, half the whole sheet was showing. And the Grovyle sprite sheet was a PMD one, as well as all the others. I may just plainly use all the human sprites and forget the sprites or something.

What might this 'format' be? x) Actually I will admit I'm xx-xx but I am doing my best to create a nice little game that I can enjoy with my friends, is the format that rectangle that determines how big something is? I mean, my sheets had large rectangle…things.

Just colors? I'm guessing you're trying to use CS:DE, which I'll tell you to drop right this instant. It's a severely broken engine that even the few people that could have no intention of fixing, it's just not worth it as there's better ones around.

Anyway, by default the official version(s) of eclipse come with proper spritesheets that show you how they need to be positioned. Might want to look into that. :]

P.S. please stop using the red color with bold letters and random pictures every post. It hurts my eyes, just add a signature and use the standard font unless there's a specific reason to emphasise something.

Ah I see. So what you're saying is, I have to decipher what the game itself uses as the character sizes and find the right ones to fit in? Eh if you know something about animated sprite sheets, the way the characters can move and sway their legs etc I'd like to know of one to fit in. I guess I can do great at everything but the spriting. So either I decipher what the game uses or I request it to a friend to handle, right?