Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Start of GUI

TorenRenne

> A decent start, I'm not too big on the tile texture you've used though. It doesn't look fitting to the GUI, or like it was created for and with the GUI. Did you make the texture btw?

Thanks. I'm still working out the kinks. Has taken me a while to get to this stage. With regards to the majority of the textures, yes I did "create" them, but seeing as I followed a tutorial I had saved from several years back and have kept some of the standard elements, but altered them, I don't feel right saying I created them.. took inspiration from Warcraft 3 for the Steel buttons.

Updated screenshot below…

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a48a0d4652f3c7b82f78388fb3498db7.PNG)

A Amazing start,the use of textures in buttons and bg's show more individuality in the project, u have a nice idea! the top of gui and the chat need more unity with the main idea (Rocks and Wood) alterns with big parts of rock and big parts of wood, the buttons of rock in a rock background dont transmit the highlight for buttons, this style tires the view of player. With the alternation of materials u will get a better result.

summarizing: use the power of contrast to your advantage. facilitating the first gameplay (will be more easy find the buttons)

But a awesome possum Start (: Good Luck

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I agree I need to incorporate the HP/MP/EXP bars as they just seem dumped in place. I created the layout first and then created around it, so I need to adjust the bars.

BielCations, thanks for the ideas. I was reasonably pleased with the buttons. I might try and finish this version off with the buttons and decent stat bars, then if it still doesn't look right, I may replace the Steel/Stone buttons with wooden plank style buttons.

I wanted the buttons to be a steel type, but found it hard to differentiate between the Rock and steel.

LegendWeaver, I tried a smooth stone, but it didn't look right.