Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eventp Smithing

Zzbrandon

Ok I made a a anvil graphic and made with event how will I make event system check players level and if it is high enough and they have a item that is a hammer in their inventory let them make a bar of whatever into a item or it take away the bar and add a item to their inventory?

Truthfully a source edit is much better than the Event System for crafting, however to answer your question;

Using the Event System you will need to set several conditional branches within each other, Player Variables. Show Choice, Show Text, and Change Item.

Each conditional branch will check something. As each Conditional Branch clears, it goes to the next Conditional Branch all the way to where it runs the code to craft. Under each Else statement you just have "Show Text" and have it say what item they need.

>! The first Conditional Branch will check the player's level.
>! The second Conditional Branch that is inside the first Conditional Branch to check if the player has a hammer.
>! *The third one… (add any other conditions).
>! *This is going to get very long and ugly quick with each added requirement.

Now here is the tricky part. You can set it to check if the player has an item (like Iron Ore), the problem is you can't check the amount required. So basically everything costs 1 Ore, unless you do a work around.

This is a very ugly way of doing it, however is the most plausible way using the Event System without any source edits.

Using the show choice you can have it "store the bars". Using a Conditional Branch you have it loop taking out the item and adding +1 the the Player Variable "Iron Bars". Then in the crafting Conditional Branch you check the Player Variable "Iron Bars" instead of if the player has the item in their bag.

I hope I explained it clearly.

• 3 weeks later...