Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Selling the Game

Zilverftw

First I wanna say, this is a question, it doesn't mean I wanna do it so please… Do not think im an idiot...

Anyway is it allowed to sell the game you make if you make like a single/ co-op styled game in Eclipse Origin...

If yes, is there anything that aren't allowed to be there ( should be changed from original )

I just want to add to this because it can be dangerous:

You may sell your game if you use your own GUI, GFX, Music etc.

Eclipse does not own resources included in download or on this forum.

Mp3 music or sfx require a license if you sell over 3000 copies. Below 3000 it is not needed. .midi is fine.

You may compile your game and sell it but you may not sell the game source because eclipse source is free and cannot be resold.

Names can be copyrighted so be careful not to call your game the same as a game, book or movie.

If you ever have other questions, just ask.

> I just want to add to this because it can be dangerous:
>
> You may sell your game if you use your own GUI, GFX, Music etc.
>
> Eclipse does not own resources included in download or on this forum.
>
> Mp3 music or sfx require a license if you sell over 3000 copies. Below 3000 it is not needed. .midi is fine.
>
> You may compile your game and sell it but you may not sell the game source because eclipse source is free and cannot be resold.
>
> Names can be copyrighted so be careful not to call your game the same as a game, book or movie.
>
> If you ever have other questions, just ask.

I had a Feeling it was like that.. And expected it. But thanks for asking, becuse i wanna create retro games.. And maybe.. sell, but I don't wanna create my own engine (I knew selling the source would not be okay) but thanks for telling the other things ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) Many thanks! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)