Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(RESOVLED)Need help with deathbeam's event system.

highonpaint

Hey guys I am using e.a 3.0.15 and when i try setting up conditional branches it dosnt work, I am trying to do a similar thing I did on e.o (which worked).

ok so I want to set it up where you can accept a quest from a person - lets call him bob

then bob tells you he need idk lets say 5 logs.

you go and get the 5 logs and then bob rewards you by giving you idk lets say 10 gold.

I have tried setting it up a number of ways but when I try to run the event nothing happens.

(I also tried doing a different thing in a conversation, where depending on what class you are it gives you different chat oprions but that didnt work either)

I just need to know how to start the event off thats all thanks

> Use prtScreen

As the coding is too big for a print screen I will just add the coding here as text:

1.@conditionalbranch - has log - 0

2.@showmessage - Hello there young one may I ask you something?

3.@showchoices - I am too old to collect wood for my family, could you do it for me? (Yes - 4) (No- 33) ( Leave - 36)

4.@showmessage - oh thats great

5.@show message - ok so I need 10 logs, I will wait here for your return

6.@conditionalbranch - has log - 1

7.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

8.@conditionalbranch - has log - 2

9.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

10.@conditionalbranch - has log - 3

11.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

12.@conditionalbranch - has log - 4

13.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

14.@conditionalbranch - has log - 5

15.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

16.@conditionalbranch - has log - 6

17.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

18.@conditionalbranch - has log - 7

19.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

20.@conditionalbranch - has log - 8

21.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

22.@conditionalbranch - has log - 9

23.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 35) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

24.@conditionalbranch - has log - 10

25.@showchoices - Do you have my logs yet? (Yes - 36) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

26.@showmessage - Oh Great, I will pay you 2g for each of them.

27@showchoices - Is this ok? (Yes - 28) (No - 33) (Leave - 36)

28.@Showmessage - Great here you go.

29.@changeitem - take item - log - 10

30.@changeitem - give item - gold - 20

31.@changeexp - give exp - 15

32.@exitevent

33.@show message - oh thats too bad.

34.@exitevent

35.@showmessage - You don't have enough, please return when you have more

36.@exitevent

This actually took me a while to figure out how to do this. The check item amount is still broken though and needs a source fix. It doesn't correctly check the amount of items.

The next two pictures show how it should look and I'm going to break down what each line does after it.

This is what it needs to look like in a nutshell (Can add more stuff if you so desire).

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/XjueU.jpg)

The Conditional Branch

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/ha3pH.jpg)

(1) This is just a simple show message that makes the npc acknowledge you're talking to him.

(2) This is the conditional branch to check if you have the logs. The positive bar is telling it what line of code to go to when the condition is met, while the negative bar is telling it what line of code to go to if the condition is not met.

(3)It appears the code won't run in the conditional branch unless you add exit events in right the conditional branch and after all the positive line of code.

(4)The conditional branch runs this line if the condition works, then it keeps running each line after, until you add an exit event. The exit event after tells the branch that's all the positive code that needs to be ran.

(5) Ends the positive Line of code.

(6)The negative line of code starts here and runs until I add another exit event or there is no other line of code.

> This actually took me a while to figure out how to do this. The check item amount is still broken though and needs a source fix. It doesn't correctly check the amount of items.
>
> The next two pictures show how it should look and I'm going to break down what each line does after it.
>
> This is what it needs to look like in a nutshell (Can add more stuff if you so desire).
>
>
> >! ![](http://i.imgur.com/XjueU.jpg)
>
> The Conditional Branch
>
>
> >! ![](http://i.imgur.com/ha3pH.jpg)
>
> (1) This is just a simple show message that makes the npc acknowledge you're talking to him.
>
> (2) This is the conditional branch to check if you have the logs. The positive bar is telling it what line of code to go to when the condition is met, while the negative bar is telling it what line of code to go to if the condition is not met.
>
> (3)It appears the code won't run in the conditional branch unless you add exit events in right the conditional branch and after all the positive line of code.
>
> (4)The conditional branch runs this line if the condition works, then it keeps running each line after, until you add an exit event. The exit event after tells the branch that's all the positive code that needs to be ran.
>
> (5) Ends the positive Line of code.
>
> (6)The negative line of code starts here and runs until I add another exit event or there is no other line of code.

Thanks agor, I will lock topic now