Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Travel Gate/MoonGate

Daikonran

Okay, not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not I apolgize in advance. Idk if anyone is familiar with the moongates from Ultima Online, but that is what I'm looking for. For those who do not know, a moongate was a gate (or warp in the case of EO) that when a player stepped on it would bring up a menu of options of places the player could go.

Example: Player walks onto tile, menu appears with "Forest", "Desert", "Town" listed. When the player hit's "Forest" it warps the player to the forest map, if they hit "Town" it would warp them to town.

This would make it so a player could warp to multiple places by stepping on one tile and deciding where they wanted to go. I did notice a "Travel Menu" thread for something just like this but it seems outdated and from comments not very functional. Does anyone know of a way to add this into a EO server?

The good news is this actually requires no source edit if you want to only use the Event System. You simply need to create an event when the player either touches or hits the action on key. In the event you would use a "Show Choice" to label different areas and you can even use Conditional Branches to have requirements to use it. Under each choice you would simply add the "Warp Player" for each area (map) under each choice.

I wrote a tutorial that might help, feel free to post if you have any more questions. You can only do 4 choices at a time, but what you can do is; Choice 1, Choice 2, Choice 3, Show More. Then add another Show Choice in the 4th slot.

[http://www.touchofde…ystem-tutorial/](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128298-eclipse-event-system-tutorial/)