Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is eclipse junk ????????

Brutalwar

this is so retarded i cant even beleave this site isnt sued for false advertisement

how many custom versions no wait…..........

how many versions of eclipse is there??

about 500 im guessing

how many times has it been remade by the devs here????? about 1000 times im guessing

that being said

can ANYONE tell me why the hell there isnt a version with the most simple and normal features of a MMORPG

im guessing its because this site seems to put devs against each other like competitions

insted of colaborations

it seems in order to advance at being a dev for eclipse all you have to do is pick an engine look at a tutorial or two and add /copy and past

my question is this... when are you guys going to get together and make a real engine...?????

im not talking about rewriting the same 14mb's of VB6 code over and over and over...and over untill all our fingers bleed and finaly sum1 can be crowned the best fingerless programmer of eclipse

i understand the reasons for making this engine stable

but why oh whhhhhyyyyyyy is it that you all make these engines and

leave out all the VERY SIMPLE key things that make 2d mmo's worth playing

very very simple things like:

LEFT CLICK MOUSE TO MOVE WITH PATHFINDING!!!!!! <-------- this allow's for persition... i know its horrible to think about an eclipse game functioning like a real mmo

8 way movement WITH animations for the diagonals+....wait for it.........with 1 or maybe even 2 attack frames for each sprite. i know its rediculous

SCREEN ADJUSTER!!!!!! or god forbid an auto fullscreen mode O.o

spells that shoot across the screen and hit target.

so im wundering when a real mmorpg maker will come from eclipse

insted of a nes game maker claiming to be a mmorpg maker

if anyone has the answer to this or knows the reason why it is like this please feel free to post

also I KNOW THERE IS A MILLION TUTORIALS FOR THIS KINDA STUFF AND THAT MAKES IT EVEN MORE REDICULOUS THAT ITS NOT IN EVERY VERSION>>>>>>> you can toggle stuff in 2013 O.o

ps i type like a 5th grader so <(=

Because you want to have this features, not actually all of us, that's why the engine doesn't have any feature, that's why there are tutorials, and that's why there are custom engines. If all of us could do those things, they wouldn't be features, they would be default things.

Then make it yourself? Everyone wants a different kind of engine, One wants pathfinding other people want a guild system, the other one wants quests etc.etc. etc. That's why the tutorials are here so you can set up the engine as you want it. Why would the admin's add so much functions? What do you want a engine with 1000 of functions and that's really buggy, or a stable engine with a community that atleast writes multiply tutorials for you.

I would recommend you locking this topic immediately. People here get pissed when you call their bluffs. Now for answering some of your questions. People will never come together to make a version simply because everyone here is obsessed with the 'safe and reliable' base. Tutorials are out there, if you want me to make a version for you with your custom features, just link me to the tuts and version you want. I wouldn't be able to start till Friday, but hey, its a great deal more than most of the other trolls would do for you ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) As for the devs. I have no idea what the heck is going on. I sometimes doubt they do anything. Aside from the few kind hearts here, you will be ridiculed for any 'noobish' posts like this. I agree with some of your points, and I am all about optimization, but this grand custom version simply isn't going to happen. Yours truly, ~Jaxx

> Then make it yourself? Everyone wants a different kind of engine, One wants pathfinding other people want a guild system, the other one wants quests etc.etc. etc. That's why the tutorials are here so you can set up the engine as you want it. Why would the admin's add so much functions? What do you want a engine with 1000 of functions and that's really buggy, or a stable engine with a community that atleast writes multiply tutorials for you.

another point of mine… the tutorials are for you to make a bug filled version

> I would recommend you locking this topic immediately. People here get pissed when you call their bluffs. Now for answering some of your questions. People will never come together to make a version simply because everyone here is obsessed with the 'safe and reliable' base. Tutorials are out there, if you want me to make a version for you with your custom features, just link me to the tuts and version you want. I wouldn't be able to start till Friday, but hey, its a great deal more than most of the other trolls would do for you ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) As for the devs. I have no idea what the heck is going on. I sometimes doubt they do anything. Aside from the few kind hearts here, you will be ridiculed for any 'noobish' posts like this. I agree with some of your points, and I am all about optimization, but this grand custom version simply isn't going to happen. Yours truly, ~Jaxx

thanks i will PM you