Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Map Editing Problem

althalos

Hi,

I have just started with Eclipse, I have successfully installed and got the program running. I am able to use the map editor to edit the basic blank map fine, such as placing different tiles, layers etc. I want to create a large city type map, however the map screen seems to be limited to a around 10-10 tile set and even when i go to preferences and increase this it doesnt seem to change. Also can i zoom out and move around the map without the player avatar which doesnt seem very usefull in the map editor section.

I have used RPG Maker previously, which seems to be fairly similar to this, and creating large maps on that was fairly easy. It seems like there is no real seperation between playing on eclipse and editing it, which while usefull for testing sections out, can be anoying as its not a dedicated map editor.

Any help regarding this would be greatly apriciated thanks.

so its not possible to zoom the view out? and the only way to navigate the map is via the player avatar?

Its just this process is much slower and its hard to get an acurate image of the overall map (when its a larger scale)

I did manage to expand the map by changing the dimensions but after the screen had moved a small amount the map seemed to reset back to the original size, un tiled (black) and the map section of the editor closes, I have retried this a few times with the same result.

Edit size of map, send map, reedit map, walk everywhere.

Why: You are editing the map client side, no changes you make are saved until you send it to the server, the server thinks you just walked outside the maps boundires, and resends you the map, which kicks you out of the editor.

• 6 months later...
I am a newbie here. I do want to offer some help. But I am not a long-term worker dealing with the image processing work. But I have to admit that choosing [a fine imaging tool](http://www.yiigo.com/net-document-image-sdk/) is so important because only the one whose way of processing is simple and fast can make the work much more convenient to operate. Checking its free trial page according to its tutorials about how to get it started is also very neccesary. I hope you good luck all the time.