Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upshine - story

Kusy

I'm working on a game from a little time. Idea was growing in me from the time i was… ten years old?
Maybee it's not a genius project but I wanted to say something about it. Sorry for my writing cuz it realy sucks (so please don't coment it).

The Planet - a perfect ecosystem full of difrent life and species, green forests, blue seas, hot deaserts and cold glaciers (quite obvious eh?... ). However there was one kind of creatures that ewolved higher and reached the level that no other race could reach. They called themselves Saevs. They splited in two smaller clans: Modests - the ones who weilded abnormal powers called Karth and Abrahs wich relyed on their knowledge. Thouse two nations were living in relative peace. They never fought each other in a war, they never used force to win a conflict... exept one conflict. Abrahs after many years of industrial development created weapons, made genetic experiments and bothered the devine way of nature. They final and moast perfect achievement was the Upshine station. Upshine was created to protect the Planet from outer space forces that were identified by Abrahs few years ago. In fact it was a powerfull battle station armed with advanced weapons. Modests were against the idea of putting station on the orbit - they used Karth to storm the main city of their brothers Abrahs and destroy the device before it's launch... but they were late. Upshine reached Planet's orbit one day after and started it's operations. Abrahs decided not to take revange on the Modests because noone died in the assault but they fortified their lands and exiled all Kath users.

But thath's not our story…
That's not the Planet we are living on…
My name is Anicien… or that's how they call me.

We live in wild and harsh world created hundrets of years ago form ashes of that civilizations. One of many things that remind us about them is a giant satelite that flyes thru the sky from the time that only I remember…

One of Upshine's modules malfunctioned. Unfortunately it was danger identification system. The reason was never found... but the consequences were quite evident. Station recognised danger on the Planet... not some concrete danger... just danger and it's electronical brain fixed on deststroing that target. Thre years after launch Upshine sent a raport containing warning about it's planed actions. Imposible to shut down machine droped about three milions of shine bombs - the moast powerfull destructive device made by Saevs ever. No one known why scientists created that weapon and why that many of them were installed on the station. One by one - biggest citties vanished leaving only sad ruins. Thouse that managed to hide in Abrahs underground shellters survived but that related only to ones living in cities. Some of the exiled Modests protected themselves from extinction in their themples. Anyway most of living species died... land animals, birds, fishes... If not compleatly destroyed changed dramaticaly. Shine bombs not only caused destruction but also modified genetic material of existing living forms and created new ones... the evolution proces changed it's road.

Me? Well... I'm the Anicien. The only one that seen the shine and can tell about it. I live heare from thousand years, I'we seen the fall of Saevs and wached as they were rising from ashes. I'm the forest... it's prisoner.

That's the story (main story because it's only about "creation of the world" not about it's preasent situation) told by Anicien - a weird old (yeah... some 2k years old?) "man" that was modified by Shine radiation and now he actualy is a part of the forest.
I'm making the Sprites, GUI, tiles and all the GFX myself but I suck with scripting so it's gonna be loooong and hard road to comleting this project. Hope the story was not too long and boring - please tell me what you think about it.