Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RP Battles

DrNova

Just remembered an awesome thing in this game I used to play.  They are called RP battles.  Two players fight in roleplay, taking turns. In the end judges decide who won.

There are no real rules, but you cant make your character godly. Judging is not based exactly on who gets in more hits or wins, but on the roleplay.  You could get hit alot, and still win, just by roleplaying it better. You cant RP your own hit on the opponent, they decide wether to get hit or to avoid on their turn. Abilities and weapons are completely up to the RP on a whim, but RPing a ridiculous godlike char who is untouchable is tacky, and looks bad in the judges eyes.

Three rounds, and they go as follows.

Round 1-Player 1 attacks, player 2 defends and attacks.
Round 2-Player 1 defends and attacks, player 2 defends and attacks
Round 3-Player 1 defends and attack, player 3 defends.

Must be three judges, first three who declare they will be judges. After all three rounds, judges each post who they think won. Here is a sample, but shortened round example

The Vampire glares at his opponent, eyes smoldering a dull red, like two rubies glowing in the gloom.  The chill wind whips his dark, tattered cloak about his body, and he smiles a cold calculating smile.  Suddenly, he springs from the ground, leaping high into the air.  Like a demon from hell he plumments towards his opponent, fangs gleaming from his twisted grin as his blade whistles down towards his enemy

Then, player 2 would RP their defence and counter attack.  Notice you NEVER RP actually hitting your enemy. Their defence is totally up to them.  Respect is given to players who might actually accept a hit or two, makes for more dramatic RP, and looks better on you from the judges.

Remember, this is all about Roleplaying a battle.

I will challenge someone, if anyone understands, and thinks they can beat me :)
Also need three judges, must be fair and unbiased. First opponent to challenge better be good at RP, and correct spelling and grammer help, judges are usually turned of by poor writing.

First three to volunteer are judges.

Anyone accept my challenge?