Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PD ISSUE-Coder Requested

DrNova

I dont know whats up with EE 2.2 paperdoll, but could someone fix it? The issue I've found to be this exactly.

Anyone who logs on after you cant see your paperdoll. If they logged on before you, they can.

I'm assuming this has something to do with a flaw in the code for calling up graphics currently already used? Like its not calling for whatever information is already being used by players PD that were already on?

If you log in, it doesnt seem to give you the data on pd graphics of people already online, but it does however seem to load and send everyone already online your pd graphical data, so they can see yours, but you cant see theirs

So the issue in the code, looks like its in sending the data for PD graphics that is already being used by the engine. It reads new loaded graphical data(pd of people logging on after you) But cant read already loaded graphical data(pd of people already logged on)

Without coding knowledge, this is as specific as I can explain it, but thats the issue in a nutshell.

I implore anyone who knows any coding to take a look at this issue and fix it.  I've seen some games with working PD on 32x64, so maybe they can lend their pd code, or someone can take a working code segment from another version that it works, and fix 2.2's code.

If someone can do this, this would be one of the major bugs fixed, and I dont think it should be that hard for a coder, knowing the exact issue, and Marsh can update the non Spodi download, so people can use paperdoll.

I've narrowed it down to the exact issue, so can someone try and address this? Would be a huge help for the community :) We'll give you an award!
(ps. test with multiple clients to make sure before giving the fix!)