Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steel Islands Design Thread

Kusy

Once again I started a new project dumping the previous one. This time I decided it's the last one - If I won't compleat this game I will stop developing anything close to MMO. I decidet to start this thread here in Design instead of WIP forums because I first want to discuss some ideas before starting development.

overview:

Game name is Steel Islands. I'm not sure about the story yet but the game will mainly concentrate on PVP combat. Monsters are going to be more animalish than monsterish (with some exceptions of course). Main Idea of the game is world exploration and players competition. The new thing about the game are aircrafts.

planed features:

* use of airplanes and airplanes classes
* large explorable area (both - on foot and in the air)
* player classes giving profits combined with planes classes
* new NPC interaction system
* many short quests - items and skills
* some "master quests" wich change the whole game environment
* combo system in mele fights (not sure how to do it… but sounds nice)

I would like to see what people think about those features (well… not about that small quests one because it's usual feature). I would realy apriciate feadback.
Also with my sadscript knowedgle those features are quite imposible so I will post something in the Recruiting center when I will have enough work done to start thinking about scripts. Also I'll post some screens here soon.