Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do i change the icon and error thingy

jam11

Ok so you know when your not running the server and start up the game and it gives you that message "sorry, the server seems to be down. please try to reconnect in a few minutes or visit http:touchofdeathforums.com" how do you change this and also how do you change the icon of the game. i did it but when i started it up i changed to the original icon

In the properties of frm.Main (client side, obviously), you can change the icon. Don't forget to save and compile it afterwards.

I don't know about the error message off the top of my head, I don't have it downloaded - but check the /config.ini/ files (server and clientside) and see if there's something there. I can't remember.

If not, do a search server-side (ctrl+f) in the source for "touchofdeath" and it should eventually highlight the part with that message in, then you can just change it. Save and compile.

> wait i dont get what you mean with the icon and where the config.ini files ?????

I don't have VB6 or Eclipse downloaded, so I can't write a step-by-step tutorial. Either wait for someone else or work it out; it should be easy from the information I've given you.

The config.ini files are located in the /server/ folder. I don't know if that's what you need, I suspect it's just a line in the code; try that first.