Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Max Project

dimx

Hello,

I had some free time recently and I start working on a project that I call The Max Project. This is still in an early stages of development but what I plan on doing is creating a game environment where there are very few limitations. I know that sounds really ridiculous but I thought I would give it a shot it doesn't hurt to try ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) plus it gives me something to do when I am bored. Its written in vb6 DX8 but I plan on targeting portable devices so not sure how long I will work on this before switching to something more flexible.

Currently there is a server and a client but only one player can be on at a time if a second player logs in it will break everything I didn't get that far yet. You will log into a 2000x2000 generated map or a 4 million tile map. The map is currently set to that dimension but in the future it will be adjustable these maps I call worlds and people will be able to combine the worlds for a seamless transition from one world to the other.

Currently the player can only walk around and that is about it but in the future there will be a whole lot more. You can also re-size the game screen and it will adjust the game to that size automatically. When you press the 'R' key the player will switch to run mode and move faster so you get the idea of just how big the one world is. There is a slight flicker when moving and I am looking into fixing this because I plan on switching to pixel based movement so the current system will have to go anyway.

**Some planed features:**

1.Space mode with physics for ships and projectiles.

2.Dynamic sprite sizes with paperdoll and dynamic actions. (Crawl, Spawn, Punch, Swim, Run, Jump and so on you get the idea.)

3.Particle System (On map as well as used by players in game for touches projectiles and so on)

4.Dynamic shadow and lighting

5.Somewhat smart AI system with Fuzzy Logic

6.Option to switch between Top Down to Side Scrolling mode (With physics).

There is a lot more but that would be just getting ahead of myself. Most of these features I already have most of the work done in other projects just need to bring it all together.