Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Developer/Mapper/Music

Fenix

Well, I decided that rather than work on a game of my own, I'd rather join a project that's already underway. I do, however, want to work on a game that has the same kind of idea as some of the other game's I've worked on. I want to work on a game that will be successful, and I believe that to be successful, a sprite based game must have generally smooth graphics, and more importantly, features like player run government and a detailed in game economy. Now, I'm not looking for a game that matches my ideas EXACTLY, but I do want an original game, with a owner who is actually planning to finish.

Anyway, I'm looking for a job as a Developer type person. I can map, make custom Music for your game (I'll take a job as a Chief SFX guy if you have a good game but don't want me as a developer), and do some graphic editing. I haven't really learned, or tried to learn, anything beyond the basic scripting, but I'll gladly take the time to do this once I have a "home".

**Resume

**Design & Planning**

Planning features and managing are two of my favorite things to do, and two things I think I'm good at. I've worked on several projects with various different engines. I didn't finish any of them ( :P) for various reasons, but I made good progress and have some experience working with staff members. I don't think any Eclipse style game can survive without some great features, and I'd love to have the opportunity to work on a project which can actually implement some of them and succeed.

**Music**

I don't have any examples for you right now, since I had lost my recording program disk for a while, and only recently re-installed it, without my saved files, but I'll give you a little rundown of what I can do.

Program: Cakewalk Music Creator 3, Rockerfish Mic for recording live instruments, Can do MIDI songs with Cakewalk electronic instruments.

Examples:
[Untitled *Unmixed, Raw Track*](http://files.filefront.com/applicationwav/;11162492;/fileinfo.html)

Related Musical Skills: I've played guitar for 4 years and play it well. I'm adequate at piano. If necessary I can break out the bongos. I also can work with the Cakewalk MIDI instruments to make the typical RPG style music, or maybe even heavily edit some good ol' Saga Frontier tracks (a relatively unknown game with one of the best video game soundtracks ever.)

**Graphic/Website Editing**

Graphic Edits:
This is an example of some RPG Maker VX Sprites I edited. I changed their hair color, edited their armor, etc. I'm not good enough when it comes to drawing to make sprites from scratch, but if you need editing done, I can do it, and hopefully this shows that. Pretty much as long as I have a template to start with, and I'm not drastically changing anything's shape, I can handle it. So for graphic maintenance, I'm your man.

![](http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9073/actorcr7.png)

Website Editing:
While I'm not really good with start from scratch HTML stuff, I did take this free portal/forum making site (an excellent one by the way), and made this website for one of my old games. I also did the little letter graphic in the corner (though it's nothing impressive), and I got it a nice short, free, domain name.

www.novusregnum.co.nr

**Mapping**

Here is an overworld map from one of the games I worked on. It's made using the Xtreme Worlds game making engine, which isn't as good as Eclipse, but I think it shows my ability to use tiles different from the standard RPGXP set. I'll post some indoor maps when I have the chance, though I'll probably have to make some new ones, because I don't know where my stuff went. So yeah, this is what I got for now, probably will add some more standard ones later.

![](http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9571/26823186we1.bmp)

**SO IN CONCLUSION…**

I feel I would be a good addition to any team because I have managerial experience, and skills in several different areas.
So if any fairly established game, which is going to get finished and plans to implement some original and interesting features like I outlined, needs a developer, an SFX guy, or even a mapper I guess, if your game is good and is going to be finished, let me know.

:cheesy:**