Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[TUT] Registering Your .dll and .ocx Files for Dummies

Fenix

I hope this doesn't already exist. Anyway….

I'm sure when you downloaded the new version you all saw the huge warning to

**REGISTER YOUR .DLL AND .OCX FILES**.

I figured out how to do it, thanks to a post by someone there, but I found several places where I could see someone getting confused. So I'm making this as a step by step guide to doing it. I would just inform you that I had never had any experience with these things before them, so everything here is based off my observations.

**Step 1:** Open your eclipse folder.

**Step 2:** Go to the "Client" folder.

**Step 3:** Go to the "Data" folder. You should see all the pretty .dll and .ocx files.

**Step 4:** Go to your computer's "Start" menu.

**Step 5:** Click "Run"

**Step 6:** Type regsvr32\. **DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET**

**Step 7:** Look at the location for the data folder and eclipse folder. Highlight this, and press Ctrl + C or rt.click and select Copy. Mine was "C:\Program Files\Novus Regnum\Client\Data\"

**Step 8:** Paste this **IN QUOTATION MARKS** after the word regsvr32 in the run menu. **DO NOT PRESS ENTER.**

**Step 9:** Look at the first file in the data folder, **cmcs21.ocx**.

**Step 10:** Type this after the slash after \Data\ in the location of your folder.
eg. **"C:\Program Files\Novus Regnum\Client\Data\cmcs21.ocx"**

**Step 11:** It should look exactly like this. regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Novus Regnum\Client\Data\cmcs21.ocx"

**Step 12:** Press Enter. You should get a message confirming that it works.

**Step 13:** Repeat with the other files in the folder.

**ALERT! For some reason, unknown to me, some of the files here do not register. Apparently that is supposed to happen because it has no effect on your game whatsoever, and I noticed no bugs. Just go down the list and do them all. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Ignore it. I figure it's supposed to be that way. Do not freak out. I assure you it will work fine.

That's all folks!  :angry:**