What do you think of my maps?

Unog

ok here's part of my one of my maps
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1ub7.png

here's a part of another map

http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2nu0.png

also for some reason when i did preview the images didnt show up =\

Ew.

In the first map, the road and the river are too… straight. In real life, you don't see rivers that are extremely straight like that, do you? Or, while we're on the subject, do you ever see roads that are straight, and **parallel with the river?** No.

In the second map, same issue.

Both maps need a lot more detail. Try trees, try more types of flowers. Try… anything, those maps look too bland.

@HailBlazR:

> Ew.
>
> In the first map, the road and the river are too… straight. In real life, you don't see rivers that are extremely straight like that, do you? Or, while we're on the subject, do you ever see roads that are straight, and **parallel with the river?** No.
>
> In the second map, same issue.
>
> Both maps need a lot more detail. Try trees, try more types of flowers. Try… anything, those maps look too bland.

eh your right but… then again video games arent real life

You don't have to redo them, just touch them up a little. Check out Ice Cream Tuesday's mapping tutorial for ground. It should help… a lot.

[edit] [Here it is.](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,5974.0.html)

Yeah, look around. I personally think RMXP is ownage, but you may think differently.

The way I see it, a game maker's options are;
1)RMXP tiles.
2)Custom tiles.
3)Some other game tiles, like Secret of Mana or Final Fantasy.

Well, your maps yes need more detail like Hail said but on a lighter note you did a nice job on using the blend tiles to mesh the roads to the grass  :cheesy: and if you have the time its best if you make your own tiles, because then you can make your game very unique and look exactly the way you want it. But anyways with a bit of practice your maps will be looking awesome in no time.

@HailBlazR:

> Or, while we're on the subject, do you ever see roads that are straight, and **parallel with the river?** No.

Yes. I see one in particular every day as I take the train past it. Straight roads are quite common, in fact. Do you see straight rivers? Yes. They may meander a bit, but small lengths of it can be quite straight. If he were to make the maps on either side of it have the river meander a bit, it would be quite realistic.