Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server IP / Hamachi Problems

Inunah

I used Hamachi exactaly as the tutorials told me but the server IP didn't change.

And then when the friend who's beta testing the game tries the Hamachi IP or the Server IP neither works.

So how do I get other players online when neither Hamachi nor the default Server IP works?

@Loelin:

> use No-ip.com, it helps

No. I have to register and i've already registered to enough. And even if I did register I wouldn't know what to do after that and that'll just add more spam to my inbox.

If Hamachi, and the regular port forwarding thing doesn't work because typing in an IP address registers as a search query on this computer, what do I do?

@Desiderium:

> No-IP only works when you port-forward.
>
> If port forward doesn't work, not much to do.
> But forwarding should work.

Nope. I can't get any of the tutorials to work with my computer because there are steps in them that require you to put the default gateway IP into the http bar, but when I do that it brings up google.

Okay lemme further explain –

Why Regular Port Forwarding Doesn't Work:
Typing an IP address into the www bar doesn't work, that brings it up as a google search.

Why Hamachi doesn't work:
I dunno. My server just won't take on the Hamachi IP.

Why I do not want No-IP:
I've registered with enough sites. And you still need fricken Port Forwarding anyway.

What I want:
Either for Hamachi to work or a Port Forwarding workaround. Or just a simple tutorial that gets other people online in my game without Port Forwarding. And although this may be too much, I also want a cookie. XD

@Desiderium:

> OOooh, There's a port tunneler somewhere that's supposed to work. Look for that.

(Pardon my french)

Dammit i've already downloaded Hamachi and that's the only one i'm gonna use. I'm not downloading any more fricken stuff for that damn thing.

EDIT: Dam me and my easy boredom.

..People? 

I suggest working on your game a little bit on your own. Learn the engine here and there. Then take some screenshots and make a thread in the Recruiting forum.  Be sure to give a lot of info on your game.  Say that you need a server host.

Just be sure to make your game look like its the best eclipse game ever, or else no one will want to host it.

@Bobbus:

> ..People? 
>
> I suggest working on your game a little bit on your own. Learn the engine here and there. Then take some screenshots and make a thread in the Recruiting forum.  Be sure to give a lot of info on your game.  Say that you need a server host.
>
> Just be sure to make your game look like its the best eclipse game ever, or else no one will want to host it.

I don't feel like it. I want it to be more or less unknown until it's finished. I'm only telling Beta Testers and Server Hosts about it in great detail right before I let them see the game or whatever.

And I've already worked on it on my own for like a month. I've learned everything there is to learn, and I still can't get it so that my beta tester can get online.

@Bobbus:

> Well then you have a problem.  Not much i can think of, other than to just simply get a server host.
>
> Do you know any1 who knows how to port forward? Perhaps they could host your server, or at least forward your ports properly.

Noone I know has heard the term 'port forward' before. I asked a few people about it, but they were all like 'Port Forwarding? What's that?'

I could go on my other computer to host the server there, but i'm too tired to get up and my sister won't let me on the other computer anyway.