Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ZELDA game- You like my MASTERSWORD system?

janpk

hi, im working on a Zelda mmorpg which u can dicsuss here
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31070.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31070.0.html)

but in this tobip i tought about one big problem for zelda mmorpgs…

the mastersword

everyone wants it but... there´s only one... you got the problem? :angry:

then we can go to my idea:
the mastersword can be pulled out by every player over an explicit lever ( eg 10 )or by an player with special item ( the 3 amuletts maybe?)

when he got it there will be a timer, and after around 30min or more/less he cant keep it and will drops it. he cant pick up again. for a special time
it will just lie there, a global message will call the maps name so everyone knows its general location
then every player over level 10 can pick it up and use it for the next periode...

if the sword isnt picked up for a while it will return into the forest and wait for the next player...

and i thougt about that a player instantly will drop it when he killed a other player when the other player isnt a playerkiller ( to safe the other player, because the sword wont be the nuke but it should be much (much) stronger than a normal good weapon)

dont matter about the numbers, the level and time isn´t the final now, just for example
and MAYBE the idea is a little bit of the game line age 2 ( deamon sword zariche) for that one who knows the game

but in general what do you think about that?

thanks for posting =)

i do like this idea you can also put in fake swords around the place that break one first hit

i think that you should need three amulets that drop from three "bosses" and when you pull out the master sword you loose the amulets
the trouble with the timer is if its laying on the floor and someone reaches it and it dispears when they are like three steps away they gonna be pissed royle

the prax: what do you mean with " wont let you go" :-D
we could give the player more speed :-P

rogue:  now i agree with the amuletts, from bosses of course
only a min level is too less

i think i disagree with taking away the amuletts, its enough that the player cant take it again, maybe not just an hour but a day/ few days(even if its hard to get the amuletts, because in original the amuletts are a sighn that tha player is good enough to take the sword and when he has gotten teh amuletts once,he has shown taht he is)

and to the timer, if it is set to 5 minutes and tehre will be global mesages everyone can reach it and beleve me, if there are only 10 palyer online, the sword is taken after 1 min  :cheesy:
they are like vultures if it comes to get the mastersword  :P

and thanks for posting =)

It has potential, I might suggest the master sword as being some kind of title holding item, like say for instance you have some kind of pvp competition, or tourney and it doesn't HAVE to be fighting you could have some kind of a mini game ish thing and the winner gets to use the sword outside of the competitions. But you would need to make other players able to challenge the one with the sword, also after some one gets the sword they would need some kind of a safety period where they cannot be challenged.

Just throwin' ideas out there  :P