Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

- Festival Online -

Mulkaar

Contact Me: [email protected]

![](http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7230/monstersck5.png)
Top: Monsters
Bottom: Unique Quest Givers.

Festival Online
Festival Online is an always expanding free ORPG. It's got Chibi style GFX (Breeze Templates, Credit to them), And it's going to hopefully have loads of features! I have a world map witch I will upload later when I've editted it on my computer. Basically I want to stretch out the development of this game into beta stages. I'll show an example: instead of saying,"Right I'm gonna have loads of features in my game, a skill system, an advanced text and quest system etc" I'll say; "Right! In Beta Stage 1.0 we'll add an advanced quest and talk system and add a new swamp area that should keep everyone busy! Then in version 1.1 We will start working on a) The new item sprites, and the coding for the fishing skill!."

**Storyline:**
_Festival was the best of worlds, everyone was content just the way it was, children ran through the woods never scared, always safe. But one day the practicing of spell craft by the Warlock Melgatroth turned him insanely evil, he tried to tap to much power into his body and became the worst of sinners worse than worse. But all was not lost! Yulgan, Melgatroth's cousin, managed to lock him in a mind cage. There they battled minds for many hours, Yulgan finally concluding that to lock Melgatrhoth away he would have to sacrifice himself. So Yulgan locked him and Melgatroth in a rare enchanted crystal called the Livingstone. This Livingstone to this day is guarded but the evil goons of Melgatroth are trying to reach it. The prophet for told of your coming!_

–**Features:**  :bstar: = Hopeful  :rstar: = Definite–

Gameplay Based on Old Fashioned Dungeon Crawlers.  :rstar:
Advanced Character Customization  :rstar:
No Classes  :rstar:
Advanced Quest and Talk System  :bstar:
Fishing  :bstar:
Mining  :bstar:
Blacksmithing  :bstar:
Player Housing  :rstar:
Loads of Quests  :rstar:

-**Who We Need!**-
~~1 VB6 Coder - To change around the GUI Buttons, add in some features that are greater than scripting.(Any other is accepted as a plus e.g VB6 and Java)~~
~~1 Scripter - People that have a great knowledge and are capable of Sad Scripting (Any other is accepted as a plus e.g Sadscripting and Java)~~
1 24/7 Host! - We need a host that will host our game (Obviously) 24 Hours Seven Days A Week (No, Ill turn it on when I get back from school then off at 9pm when I goto bed 24/7 only please folks)
1 GUI Artist - Someone that can really use Photoshop and/or Gimp or any other good picture editing programs.

-Mythical Entertainment (or MythE) Team-
Developer - Crazy Smurf
Mapper - Crazy Smurf
Host - Crazy Smurf Temporary
Scripters (1) - Munro
GUI Artist - None
VB6 Coders (1) - Munro

If any one else would like to submit anything else, would like to help witha website, suggestions, ideas for the game etc feel free to post!

Sincerely,
Crazy Smurf

@Steel:

> If those features are already done the this is the first decent recruiting thread i've seen in a while.
>
> P.S.- Dont take so many skill ideas from RS.

@Hairo:

> This looks really good.

Cheers guys! Yeh I'll change some of the skills! Thanks for the positive comments! The features are being worked on I just need a coder and scripters to start implenting in the game I have the sprites like dark skin light skin eye colour etc ready just need scripters O.o. But thanks for the positives I will upload a load of screenshots for the starting area A.s.a.p sorry for the wait lolz!
oh yeh and the pet sprites I'm wondering if TTSnim is up for it cause she did a lovely post ages ago with these cute little animal demon things like a tamigotchi but they would fit so well!

Green Cog

Updated Comment:

/*BUMP*/

No one wanna take part?

• 3 weeks later...
Ok that'd be wicked! But we have made a few minor changes so itll be different graphics (RMXP to start then customs hopefully!) We are now using rm2003 sprites because they have a classic feel until maybe we make monsters in that style or we make complete customs! Oh and misterdougie i'll need a sample and not a five minute one i want a map you're happy with! Cheers. Oh yeah and the world map has been drawn on paper- it looks wicked!

Sincerely
Green Cog