Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A lot of questions, please help

jandsilantbob

Okay so i'm new to this whole thing, and i can't get anything to work. I have no idea why the whole paperdoll thing won't work, but the items i equip on my characters just won't show up on them. I don't know why this would happen. Secondly i have no idea to attack the NPCs i put into the game. And for some reason even though they are set on attack on sight, they won't attack me. And when i try to cast spells, i won't cast, my legs just move a little bit, can someone please help me?

for paperdoll go to data.ini, there will be a line called Paperdoll= 0 , change the 0 to 1 and save, also reboot the server. Also align the items. Control to attack. All people with over 1 access can't be attacked with attack on sight. Also if you are using EE2.7 then spells are glitched.

Okay so i found some other posts talking about how you couldn't cast spells in EE2.7 but also saying there was a fix for this problem. I couldn't find the fix, so i switched back to "Total Eclipse Final". I honestly don't like it as much but i can deal with it. I even got paper dolling to work, so my game is now in production :) However i do seem to be having trouble with one thing. When numerous people are signed onto my server, and they're on the same map, some how things tend to get mixed up and the items that should be paperdolled to characters somehow get put on other characters and the other way around. It seems like whoever was on the map first is who's items get paperdolled to everyone else. Is there a way to fix this?? Its really annoying. And one more thing, i'm trying to learn how to script but its difficult. Is there anyway to make a DOT (damage over time) spell, or make it so there's a casting time???

Yes, i personally do not know scripting but i have been told its very easy. For that fix you could try asking Godlord because i think he made it. For the TE part i don't know and i dough anyone will since its very old and outdated.

@jandsilantbob:

> Well i'm new and unfortunately don't know who Godlord is  :P And i'm definitely not switching over to EE2.7 until i can cast spells. I don't know about you guys, but that's a vital part in my game.

From what I know, scripted spells still work, so you might want to just upgrade to 2.7 and script it. I am teaching scripting, check the link in my sig.

@jandsilantbob:

> Well i'm new and unfortunately don't know who Godlord is  :P And i'm definitely not switching over to EE2.7 until i can cast spells. I don't know about you guys, but that's a vital part in my game.

Oops i forgot u are new, godlord is currently called the nameless one