Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts?

Reguba

I have been thinking… A lot haha! Since a new EE version is going to be coming out with lots of nice features, I thought I would work on a game again.

But here is my idea, I was thinking about making, instead of a game focused around leveling a character, a game simply meant to tell a story. Although this may sound like a single player style RPG, I was hoping to get that feeling within an multiplayer environment.

I haven't worked out all the kinks in this idea quite yet, but I feel like this could be an interesting project!  :P

Tell me what you guys think about it. If my explanation wasn't clear feel free to ask me any questions.

Also, I actually have a story that I worked on quite a while ago that I wouldn't mind bending to be fit into a game environment.

I wish I could hard code it, but to be honest I barely know the Eclipse source… So I may just have to stick to scripts.

Also, Ninja nice point I didn't even think about Guild Wars, they did have "sort" of a story. My game would work something along those lines, but rather be more focused on the story than GW was.

Those are good points. But in the case of my story, it may end up being a little more linear, sort of play out like a book per-se but you are involved. So in my case the decisions for the user may not work the best, but I suppose I'll just have to experiment once I start to work on it more.

Haha ok thanks man, I'll do the same for you if you need it. The Eclipse implementation of my project will not be for quite some time seeing as how I really don't want to make the stuff and have to transfer/convert whatever to get it to work in 3.0\. Aside from that I'm excited about experimenting with this idea.