Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SharpNetty Version 1.4 [Beta]

JohnPony

I figured maybe a person or two on this website could find some use of it, so I'll go ahead and post it here.

SharpNetty is a free, easy to use networking library written in C# for .NET languages.

You can find a small, crappy webpage that I put together using bootstrap for it here: [http://rpgdevs.com/sharpnetty/](http://rpgdevs.com/sharpnetty/)

If you click on the button in the centre of the page, you will be taken to the Github repository that I've set up for it.

Regards,
John Lamontagne

I'm planning on working on version 1.4 beta as soon as my new computer arrives in the mail.

I've been brainstorming features, and I've came up with a few features that I'm planning on implementing, which are mainly optimizations.

For example, I'm planning on implementing a MessageBuffer. The MessageBuffer will hold various packets together and send them in one go in order to save bandwidth. When you pass a PacketBuffer into the SendPacket method, you'll provide a priority level variable with it. The PacketBuffer will then take this priority level and use it to decide when exactly it will send the MessageBuffer containing the packets that have built up since the last send.

I'm planning on providing three priority levels:

1.) None - This priority level will not cause the MessageBuffer to fire, but will instead be packed into the MessageBuffer and wait until the MessageBuffer either reaches its data capacity, or until a higher priority packet joins the MessageBuffer.

2.) Medium - This priority level will cause the MessageBuffer to fire within 50-100ms (I haven't decided exactly when I want the timed event to occur just yet).

3.) High - This priority level will cause the MessageBuffer to fire as soon as it is passed, along with the PacketBuffer, into the MessageBuffer.

If anyone can think of some better names for the MessageBuffer and PacketBuffer classes, please suggest them.

I was thinking about switching the two, as MessageBuffer seems more appropriate for a single, unique buffer, and PacketBuffer seems more appropriate for the buffer containing the collection of unique buffers to be sent based on the highest priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...