Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make a good game.

So, you whant to know how to make a good game easily????

This tutorial will show you how!!

–------
Contents
--------

1\. Starting again
2\. The items
3\. The Aim
4\. The Point
5\. Shine & Polish.

–----------------

1\. Starting again

Probably one of the best things to do when your game sucks is to delete all of the eclipse files and download them again. I did this and my game now rocks. So. Once you have downloaded the files again you should put the pen to the paper and design a map. The map can be joined. I have got 9 maps joined together for my land. To join maps together go onto the admin pannel and go to edit map and then to properties and in the top left corner it will say: up down left right pick the map you want to be joined onto the one you have.
![](http://C:\Users\True Mosher\Pictures\New Folder\web\Pics\site\help1.bmp)

2\. The items

So, youve got your game. Hopefully you have got a good map with grass or fire as the floor. You should also have all of the building trees and other scenery. If you dont have this you should look around the forums for a guide on how to do so. Ok. The items. This is where it is handy to have an ideas crew, so they can think of good item names. I suggest that you download barons new template for items for the sprites. I'm just going to give you some ideas for what items you SHOULD have:

Food
Weapons
Armour
Potions
Rings
Jewelry
Currency's
![](http://C:\Users\True Mosher\Pictures\New Folder\web\Pics\site\help2.bmp)

So now youve got a basic idea of what your game needs. we'll need an aim of the game.

3\. The aim

So, youve got your map and items. What else do you need? well… you need an aim for your game. The most common aim of a game is to get the highest level. It depends on your thoughts for your game to what aim you have. My game has multiple aims: to complete all quests, getting a high level, getting the best armour, getting the best rep.
If you have any questions on the aim please post
![](http://[img]C:\Users\True Mosher\Pictures\New Folder\web\Pics\site\help3.bmp[/img])
4\. The Point

I mean, come on. what would the point be in playing a game that has no point. There isnt. This links to the aim. You see, if you have a reward for the player if he/she completes the game, the people have something to work towards. So there is a point in playing. But dont just give 1 point you need to give dosens for a player to keep playing!

5\. Polish and shine

So, youve got your map,items,aim and point. Thats like having a good ferrari, but its all dirty. So you would need to give it a polish and shine. Its the same for a game. And dont run off to get a mop bucket and wash your screen. It's a figure of speach. What i mean is that you need to give your game a test run, and tweak any wrong bits. Once you have done this your game is ready!

**Any questions please post.**
Thanks to:

Baron for his template

I will add images if some one tells me how to use the image tool thing.

How to use images: [ IMG] Image url [ /IMG] Remove the spaces.
The title for this tut should be changed. How to make a good game EASILY is not a good name. Rather how to make a good game. There's no such thing as easily making a good game. It requires time and skill.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...