Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ressurect on Death Choice

Jed

ok, so i am working on something for like when you die, you have a choice to resurrect or wait for revival.  just to let you know, i am using Homicidal Monkey(a.k.a. [Null]Simius Cruentus) alternate OnDeath Sub.  he made it so when you die, you turn into a dead sprite, such as a ghost.  i am trying to add to that, making it have a custom GUI pop up giving you a decision to make.  im not sure i should post it here, considering the fact someone else might try to steal it and use it for themselves.  i just need the script to make it when you die, the GUI pops up.  i dont think the alternate ondeath really matters though, i just cant seem to figure it out…

pretty simple, go to the on death sub and add to the bottom of it a packet that is sended to the client.

example: call senddata(Index, "ressurect" & END_CHAR)
_note: of course you can do more with this packet, but this is the basic one_

the in the client add at the bottom of the handledata module

if casestring = "ressurect" then
  frmMirage.picRessurect.visible = true
  exit sub
end if

this will make a box pop up when you die, when you want actions to the butto,s, go the other way around. when clicking button A send data to the server to process etc…

its pretty simple actually, or is it only for me?

hope this gave you a basic idea of making a box pop up etc..
- Tyr

oh, you guys want this to be in sadscript -_-"
gosh, i wonder why this still exists.

- for my code above, make a new picturebox in frmMirage and load Ressurect.bmp into it. (call the picturebox picRessurect.

- visible = false
and make sure that there is a close button on the image with this code
  frmMirage.picRessurect.visible = false

sourcing is way more efficient to me… or is that because i never used sadscript? :)

@[BS:

> Hippoman link=topic=38763.msg376462#msg376462 date=1234849941]
> 1\. you should put it in code so he can copy and paste it.
> 2\. this should be in Script request.

1\. no way, i'm not giving codes away to copy and paste, once i do that i get to many requests in PM…
    he has to find himself how to do it, with this basic help i gavei can do it

2\. not true, as this can be sourced or sadscripted, looks like he didn't know yet.

@Tyr:

> 1\. no way, i'm not giving codes away to copy and paste, once i do that i get to many requests in PM…
>     he has to find himself how to do it, with this basic help i gavei can do it
>
> 2\. not true, as this can be sourced or sadscripted, looks like he didn't know yet.

This is scripting request, not source anyway.

Now look for this bit of code

Case 3
Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Clicked label number " & Clicked_Index & " on the menu named " & MenuTitle, YELLOW)

This is pretty much an example for how to make it right here, all you have to do is make a label and when you click it, Case 3 runs.  When Case 3 runs, automaticly it mentions this message because it doesnt look for a specific Label, or Menu name.

Start with this
```
Call CustomMenuShow(index, "Rez Choice", "\GUI\CUSTOM\Rez.bmp", 1)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 1, "Would you like to revive?", 150, 50, 10, BRIGHTGREEN, 0, 400, 20)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 2, "Yes", 20, 100, 10, BRIGHTCYAN, 0, 80, 20)
Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 3, "No" , 60, 100, 10, BRIGHTCYAN, 0, 100, 20)

```
Play with the numbers yourself, but you should see where this is going

@Tyr:

> aww my bad, i thought it was in general questions.
> Riney helped you anyway :)
>
> (but keep in mind that source editing is way more efficient…)

Oh so agreeable ;o  Especially for that pesky log out button… (Example, "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA LOGOUT AND LOSE ALL YOUR MAPPING DATA CAUSE YOU ACCIDENTLY CLICKED ME?" "Yes" "No")