Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Recruiting] Zombie Chase!

Link

So, I'm looking to recruit some talent for my new original idea. Zombie chase will be a tower/maze based game. It includes a few unique ideas in which I think would be quick to draw attention. So I'll start by giving an introduction.

Basic Story/Concept: It's the zombie apocalypse and you and all other players are the rebellion against humanity's extinction itself. You start out in a small town known as survivor's edge. Survivor's edge will be a HUB type set up, here you'll be able to chat with other players, interact, trade, function with guilds and so on with the other survivors of the apocalypse. Of course there will be a small introduction tutorial!

The thing about "SE" Survivor's Edge is that you're closed off from the rest of the world due to the fact that it's surrounded by Zombies of unknown types, the only way out of survivor's edge is through "SD" Survivor's Den (or whatever the name shall be) but the thing about survivor's den is that it's a 50-100 level dungeon or so, no one knows what's beyond survivor's den, but it holds the key to Humanity's next step against the zombies.

Each level of Survivor's Den is unique and will be randomized, there will be zones for example levels 1-22 would be zone "A" and so on, each level is a maze of its own type and its own terrain. But these levels are over run with zombies of different types, as the levels get higher the mazes get more complex and so do the zombies. You begin as a slow runner no equipment and so on! In the beginning levels it's more about avoiding zombies and so here come one of the unique ideas -> You'll begin with five hearts as well as five brains! The hearts represent the maximum number of times you can make direct contact with a zombie. The brains are used as projectiles within seeing range to distract zombies for a low set amount of time, say 2 - 3 seconds.

You maneuver through the lower levels while avoiding zombies and completing the maze, of course you collect special items at the end of each level which give you any type of edge! Though when you get to the higher levels you begin to lose your light and they get more complex this is where you'll need better survival tools such as Oil, Lighters, Wood, Running shoes and possibly even be introduced to weapons, though my goal is not to introduce this as a violent game. Nor is it to make it as scary as possible.

Not only the above, but to give it a better edge you can solo each level or choose to do it with a party of 3-4 or some guild mates, this will keep player interaction strong and give it more of that tactical and strategic feel. Who will reach level 100 first and see what's beyond SE?

There will be a very rare spawn chance of brains and other items will be buy-able via real life money with an in-game shop or on the site. Any who participate in the making of Zombie Chase will get a cut depending on the amount of work put in or a set price. There you have a unique and profitable idea. So why am I posting this? As I said, I'm just a programmer and an idealist, alone even I can only go so far. I'm looking to keep the team very small unless expansion is needed later.

I'm looking for the following:

Concept Artist -

GUI Artist -

Pixel Artist -

Web Developer -

Possible support programmer -

You'd need to have intermediate skills at the least, but more preferred if you were great, if you're applying you'll need to bring at-least 2-3 examples of your work that fit the criteria, the more the better. If you find this the least bit interesting and meet the criteria stated above then feel free to inbox me here on eclipse or on skype!

Skype; zarachi6

As I said in my post, be sure to bring along examples with your application. If you can't follow at-least those rules you're already setting a bad example. If you have some art to show me that meets the criteria of the position pm it to me. Thanks.

- Link