Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making a new variable in Data.ini

Zeropan152

Is there any way you can make a new varible in the account of each players. Say like for example, i want to a make a variable in PLayerAccount and stored that sez uhh quest = 0.
and  also i wanna know how will you change that value of that variable to 1(quest = 1), like what would be the command to tdo that.
Hope this make sense thank you :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

You can put var into PlayerAccount.ini but not Character.dat.
Call PutVar("Accounts/" & GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Custom", "Quest", 0)
That will put a var in the player account files under Custom header, Quest=0.

Call PutVar("Accounts/" & GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Custom", "Quest", 1)
That will change the var in the palyer account file under Custom header, Quest=0 to Quest=1.

Now to use it.
Put the command in the script, in the right place, like Scripted Tiles.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@[SB:

> Rithy58 link=topic=40764.msg401005#msg401005 date=1237402107]
> You can put var into PlayerAccount.ini but not Character.dat.
> Call PutVar("Accounts/" & GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Custom", "Quest", 0)
> That will put a var in the player account files under Custom header, Quest=0.
>
> Call PutVar("Accounts/" & GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Custom", "Quest", 1)
> That will change the var in the palyer account file under Custom header, Quest=0 to Quest=1.
>
> Now to use it.
> Put the command in the script, in the right place, like Scripted Tiles.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

If
SO 1 more thing, if your gonna put it in argument, would it look like this
If GetVar("Accounts/"& GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Custom", "Quest", 1) = true then
bal bla bla…

@Zeropan:

> :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cool: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Just a tip, I've seen people accused of spamming when they put overly large amounts of smileys in their posts. I'm no moderator obviously, but it's happened.