Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In terms of community

Kyrie

I've been looking for a project for awhile for my main company to use as their foundation of users. Whilst eclipse use to be this back in the 2.x days, I was wondering how the community has changed.

Also, if any of you are currently running a game.. How is your community sizing up to your expectations?

I want to create a community as a whole is very fun to be in. I want people to want to come back to my game/website not because of my features but because of the people that is there. Anyone else try to do this?

So basically, how did you mold your community.. and how is it today?

• 1 month later...
This is a difficult question to ask. Most of the people here don't have a finished product. Most of those who are trying, try to set up a community before the product is finished. Whether or not that's a good idea is another question. I'm no expert on making communities, and I'm still trying to mold a decent game, but I can still offer some of my views on this.

I once had a project in 2011 that was complete crap. Only one person outside my circle of friends played it. I loved making games, and all I wanted was to make a game that I would enjoy playing. So even if it was just me on it, it was enough for me. Naturally, it's better to have a community for your game. but that shouldn't be hard to conjure once you have a game that's fun to play. That's how you form your community.

In order for the users to come back for the community, you need likable people, and many interesting ways for them to interact and discuss topics beyond your game. Take a look at the Eclipse boards for an idea.

That's my 2 cents on the matter. I might be right, partially right, or far from the truth. I'd appreciate more input on this as well.

Look at Nin-Online or Pokemon Rumble Online, they're nice examples of decent games, for being eclipse based. Around the good old days this community was more built around trolling, when this was no longer acceptable a lot of people left, some people left due to some changes. It's still active and open to anyone with some sort of dream as far as I'm concerned.