Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Connecting maps?help please

twenty5

hey, im sorta new and got some of the basics down but just a quick question, say I have a room that has stairs leading down to another room, how do I make it so I warp from the top floor to the bottom floor?

as for respawning, when I set the x,y coordinates, it doesn't exactly go to that spot but actually makes me spawn near the bottom of the map instead of the middle O_O

Before anything, I'm happy to be the first one here to welcome you to Eclipse :azn:

You can connect maps in the Map Properties by filling in the "Up", "Down", "Left", and "Right" numbers with the map number you want it connected to.

To use stairs, you simply use a warp attribute (as it seems you've attempted).  Did you set it to warp to whatever the mapnumber the bottom floor is?

ok well, my question now is how do I make more maps? because as of right now, I can only know how to create 1 map I've looked through tons of your tutorials and they all only explain how to make your maps look nice but NOTHING absolutely nothing on how to make more than 1 map… lol

@Smallbro:

> Is that how you connect maps? OMG ive been using the warp tool

Doesn't anyone read the tutorials anymore? rofl

@twenty5:

> oh okay, third question :D
>
> how do I restart a clean map so I can make another map to use with to connect my first floor to?
> and thanks for the welcoming.

If you mean make an existing map blank, just click each layer and hit "Clear".
If you mean, you need a new blank map to attach your first floor to, just warp to the map (eg, if so far you've created map 1, 2, and 3, warp to map4 and it will automatically generate for you).

You don't need to make new maps, you have up to MAX_MAPS worth of blank maps. These are generated by the server every time you start it, if the maps do not already exist. (They will exist as blank maps after the very first startup, unless you increase the MAX_MAPS amount in the Server/Data.ini file.)