Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sending a client to friends

Elliot

Ok I have my game, I just need to test weather it goes online, I sent my friend the client and it just says offline. Mine says online for obvious reasons, I followed the tutorials on port forwarding and did it, I test my port (4000) and it says it's in stealth mode. Anyone know how I get it open? My server says its IP is my LAN. it's all messed up. Anyone know fix?
:sad:

I just get on the forwarding library, then click Virtual servers, here is the list of what is there,
Forwarding -
Virtual Servers <- I click that then (1) happens
Port Triggering
DMZ
UPnP

(1)
I click add new then I get,
Service port :
IP adress :
Protocol : |all|TCP|UDP| Status : Enabled | Disabled common service port: which is set to NONE

save return

EDIT: Yes, I've checked them out, I gave it my friend to put in config.ini and it still didn't connect.

Hi Elliot,

If your friends want to play on your server, why dont you try hamachi?

Hamachi is a program used to make own networks, so if your friend is on a other network.. You both log in to a Hamachi Network and and send him the IP Adress given by Hamachi!

Some private servers, usually Runescape Private Servers are hosted and runned throught Hamachi!
You should consider checking this out!

Also: If you want to be sure that the server is running throught Hamachi, check the server IP when running "Server.exe"

If the ip adress is not your hamachi ip adress, then you will have to priorities hamachi before your local IP.

This can be done by clicking on: Show All Connections -> properties -> Advanced Settings, then move Hamachi at the top! (This is good considering that if your local ip isn't being used, it will instead take your Hamachi IP!

And if you dont want this to happen, just deactivate the Hamachi Network (In "Show All Connections")

Good luck!

@msd92:

> Hi Elliot,
>
> If your friends want to play on your server, why dont you try hamachi?
>
> Hamachi is a program used to make own networks, so if your friend is on a other network.. You both log in to a Hamachi Network and and send him the IP Adress given by Hamachi!
>
> Some private servers, usually Runescape Private Servers are hosted and runned throught Hamachi!
> You should consider checking this out!
>
> Also: If you want to be sure that the server is running throught Hamachi, check the server IP when running "Server.exe"
>
> If the ip adress is not your hamachi ip adress, then you will have to priorities hamachi before your local IP.
>
> This can be done by clicking on: Show All Connections -> properties -> Advanced Settings, then move Hamachi at the top! (This is good considering that if your local ip isn't being used, it will instead take your Hamachi IP!
>
> And if you dont want this to happen, just deactivate the Hamachi Network (In "Show All Connections")
>
> Good luck!

Sadly, if you have more than like, 10 connections on your server, you'll have to pay for Hamachi though.