Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do i make weapons?

Mctyler2

hey i honestly dont know how to make ANYTHING in this eclipse thingy. the only thing i found out how to do is make maps and im still figuring that out. the npc's that u set out on map look like the top head of the character ur playing and i dont know how to kill them. how do make waps and everything? can someone just email me a list of instructions of how to work this thing i have it all downloaded and usable. email me if u can at [email protected] plzz plzz plz help me  :cry: :cry: :cry:

yea i already went through over 30 tutorials on these subjects some i found useful some i didnt understand i mean i have 0 experience with this stuff and i really want to learn but when people say to use fraps and bal bla i have no idea what they mean im here to learn but i need help in the process. i figured how u to make maps by goin to the tutorials but still i need more then these big hacking pro trying to explain.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mctyler2, welcome back!

No need to cry, please, don't cry :)

One of the benefits of Eclipse, is that it is very user-friendly.  You can also do pretty much anything in the game, from making new items, to NPCs, to multiple tile attributes, etc… But to unlock the power of the engine, you'll need to learn how to use it effectively, right?

Most of this stuff can be learned in the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?board=34.0 board.

Now, there's no need for emailing or anything like that, because what's great about this community, is that we are always willing to help you, when you ask questions.

Items, they are very easy to make.  I'm sure you found the Item Editor by now, if you have, to make a weapon, you simply use that drop-down menu to select "Weapon" in the Item Editor; you can pick the sprite for the weapon and everything.

As for NPCs, here is a useful guide on creating them: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38183.0 << reading this, should solve your NPC problem :azn:

Also, here is a nice mapping tutorial that explains the differnet features (and attributes, and what the attributes do, etc) in the map editor: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=36726.0

Remember, you should never stop seeking knowledge, and if you discouraged, remember that we are all here to help you.

thnx u helped me alot! but i have another question when i click on monster and my shop kepper it my char dosent go into a shop and dosent kill the monster how i get him to att and go into shops? i already set up shop where he can buy swords and books and stuff how i get that part to open? when i click on npc it says ur target is now blabla but nothing else happens? how i fix that?

@Mctyler2:

> thnx u helped me alot! but i have another question when i click on monster and my shop kepper it my char dosent go into a shop and dosent kill the monster how i get him to att and go into shops? i already set up shop where he can buy swords and books and stuff how i get that part to open? when i click on npc it says ur target is now blabla but nothing else happens? how i fix that?

I'm about to go to bed, so I'll reply to more tomorrow.
Currently. the shopkeeper is bugged.  You can create a shop with other methods though, such as a Shop tile attribute (where if you walk on the tile, it opens the shop), or, if you really want to use the NPC, you can use a Scripted NPC (the NPC tutorial, I think explains about scripted npcs).
Just put this under whatever case for the NPC you want:
Call Goshopping(index, shopNum)
Replace "shopNum" with the number shop you want.

Also, to attack a monster (or interact with an NPC in general), you walk over to the monster and you hit "Ctrl".

@Mctyler2:

> tyvm! i have another question for when u get up. um how do i make weapons and armor appear on char? and how do i make new classes?

I've read you found a solution to the first question.
As for making new classes, there is a very nice tutorial on that, located here:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38007.0
Also, if you scroll down to Reply#10, you'll find a class generator-file ;)

• 3 weeks later...