Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Friend Cant Connect?

zarok01

My m8 wanted to try my game, hes installed the library files and when the client runs he edits the ip to 192.168.1.67 and the port to 4001 whih iportforwarded yesterday, it still says the server is offline when he goes back. help!!!

could it b cos i changed the game since he downloaded? maybe he needs a new client folder???

kk ill try that now, ill post bak in 5 mins, its just, when i try to load the ip from ipconfig (command line) it works?

also if i wnat to go on with him do i have to use the ip from ipchicken too

@chickens1127:

> wow.. how many times have we heard this problem… there's even a link on the server to ip chicken

don't be mean. he's new :)

anywho…
first off you personally need to use (as said) 127.0.0.1.  this will cause the client to connect to the computer it is running on.  I noticed you used a private ip address.  these are made by routers usually so this means that you will also need to forward whatever port you are using (4001 in this case).  (also make sure that whatever port you are using is the same one that the server has on it).
basically everyone who wants to connect to your game needs to use your public ip address, not private.  (at least thats what i call them)
also, every time you make a post in the bottom right hand corner of your post it has a number and says logged.  thats your public ip.

the bigest problem you'll probably have with this is you will need to port forward (which i can help you do, click the link in my sig if u want me to)

hope this helps :)